[Tool][Windows] Control a device with a broken screen. Now with touchscreen support!!

OP k.janku1

2nd February 2015, 09:01 PM   |  #171  
OP Senior Member
Flag Poznań
Thanks Meter: 144

142 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by casquillacciotti

Hello everyone i have a oneplus one and the screen just shattered and is unresponsive but still turns on ok. I'm trying to get this tool to work but i don't have usb debugging enabled. I went into fastboot mode and pointed to C:\Users\....\Desktop\android-sdk-windows in CMD then did fastboot devices to see if my oneplus was connected and the serial showed and it did so then this is what you are meant to be able to type if you don't have usb debugging enabled in order to enable it if you can get into adb,

Adb shell
echo "persist.service.adb.enable=1" >>/system/build.prop
echo "persist.service.debuggable=1" >>/system/build.prop
echo "persist.sys.usb.config=mass_storage,adb" >>/system/build.prop"
reboot

however once i type adb shell into cmd it says daemon started or something then
adb shell error device not found.

so im not too sure what to do now....i need to access my phone to do backups etc.

Fastboot and recovery are two different things and adb does not work in fastboot mode. That's why it says device not found
3rd February 2015, 09:31 PM   |  #172  
Thanks Meter: 2

76 posts
More
would there be a way to access the device and use the keyboard wirelessly? to give you more context as to what i would need: http://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidQuest...npattern_lock/
5th February 2015, 09:29 PM   |  #173  
OP Senior Member
Flag Poznań
Thanks Meter: 144

142 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidenbeats

would there be a way to access the device and use the keyboard wirelessly? to give you more context as to what i would need: http://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidQuest...npattern_lock/

So what you want to do is use this app to enter a password wirelessly so no one can see it right?
If that's what you mean, then yes. But first you need wireless adb (there's an app for that) and then open the comand prompt and connect with
Code:
 adb connect I.P.ADRESS.OF.THE.DEVICE
The Following User Says Thank You to k.janku1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th February 2015, 10:07 PM   |  #174  
Thanks Meter: 2

76 posts
More
thanks!! this really helped!
24th February 2015, 12:05 AM   |  #175  
Flag Beltsville, Maryland
Thanks Meter: 274

602 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.janku1

So what you want to do is use this app to enter a password wirelessly so no one can see it right?
If that's what you mean, then yes. But first you need wireless adb (there's an app for that) and then open the comand prompt and connect with

Code:
 adb connect I.P.ADRESS.OF.THE.DEVICE

I followed your guide and i can see the screen on my device abd i see a dialogue with the heading "Allow USB debugging?"
and below it saying the computers RSA key blahblahblah. I followed the adb shell commands in recovery but i had a feeling something was up when i did the commands, and the reboot one wasn't rebooting. So im not sure usb debugging was turned on at all.

Edit: Tried remounting as rw to see if that was the problem but i cant seem to use su... but adb root outputs it already has root access. Anyways the command mount -ro remount, rw / works in shell i think but when i try the commands it then tells me that it cant create build.prop because system is in read only mode. Trying adb remount rw returns remount failed: Success. At quite a lose here...

Edit 2: Tried adding the RSA fingerprint manually to /data/misc/adb/adb_keys but evidently that file doesn't exist on my phone. Probably because I haven't used ADB yet since i did a clean install of 5.0 based rom.
Last edited by xXxG0dzRAgexXx; 24th February 2015 at 02:17 AM.
Yesterday, 02:38 PM   |  #176  
Thanks Meter: 3

33 posts
love this, thanks a lot. had to guess where everything was on the screen to get usb debuggin on but no problems after that
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, broken, control, screen, tool
Previous Thread Next Thread