FORUMS

Xposed Modules to Modify Email – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Even though we have Dropbox and other ways to share files, people still want … more

Google Teaches You to Use Wear Gestures

Now that the Watch Urbane is out with the latest firmware, we have new information regarding the … more

Samsung Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850) Gets Android 5.0

An Android 5.0 Lollipop update is finally available to download for the Samsung Galaxy … more

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Verizon P905V Note Pro12.2 LTE Root & Recovery Bounty

26th February 2015, 10:56 PM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
We need a safe strap like we had for the note 3 but development has stopped for that

28th February 2015, 05:22 PM |#52  
Flag Hudson, NY
Thanks Meter: 43

More
I've been looking into this and here is what I have tried so far:
  • Flash TWRP viennaltexx via Odin (fails, with auth error)
  • Flash TWRP viennaltexx dd directly to partition (flashes, but will not boot with SECURE FAIL)
  • Attempt to modify TWRP with kernel from original recovery, and initrd from TWRP (fail, same as above)
  • Flashing the stock image via dd directory to partition (works, so check is in boot not flashing)

What I have not tried yet:
  • Attempt to replace bootloader (aboot) with non-locked bootloader from non-verizon viennaltexx model
  • Find more info about Qualcomm SecureBoot to attempt to self sign or otherwise bypass security.

So I am guessing the image itself is signed and not just the kernel. If anyone has more info on Qualcomm SecureBoot it may help.
Last edited by zefie; 2nd March 2015 at 04:09 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread