FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

Bricked Asus ME301T

59 posts
Thanks Meter: 5
 
By true_lies, Member on 26th April 2014, 08:10 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Messed up big time and have surely bricked my device (permanently). Was trying to install Omni ROM on it. (Had it rooted, unlocked it, couldn't enter recovery then, kept getting error. tried to flash TWRP recovery 2.6.3.0 using terminal on tab, reset the tab, and we get where i am now)
Now all i get when i switch on my tab is an ASUS start screen with "The device is unlocked" message on the top left, and it just stays there. Same thing happens when start it with hold power button and volume down key or reset and volume down key. But when i press reset and volume UP key, the pc recognizes the tab, and i can install the driver either as:
1. ADB interface
2. Bootloader interface
3. Composte ADB interface

and the device comes up as an APX.
Tried to follow Buster99's method (of unbricking for TF300T) after the device drivers are installed, but all i get is <waiting for device>

Any hope of recovering it or am i really fckd.
 
 
27th April 2014, 01:38 AM |#2  
lj50036's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Area51
Thanks Meter: 2,928
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by true_lies

Messed up big time and have surely bricked my device (permanently). Was trying to install Omni ROM on it. (Had it rooted, unlocked it, couldn't enter recovery then, kept getting error. tried to flash TWRP recovery 2.6.3.0 using terminal on tab, reset the tab, and we get where i am now)
Now all i get when i switch on my tab is an ASUS start screen with "The device is unlocked" message on the top left, and it just stays there. Same thing happens when start it with hold power button and volume down key or reset and volume down key. But when i press reset and volume UP key, the pc recognizes the tab, and i can install the driver either as:
1. ADB interface
2. Bootloader interface
3. Composte ADB interface

and the device comes up as an APX.
Tried to follow Buster99's method (of unbricking for TF300T) after the device drivers are installed, but all i get is <waiting for device>

Any hope of recovering it or am i really fckd.

Shoot me an email here jl52741@gmail.com

Lets see if we can get you fixed up....

Thx Josh
7th August 2014, 11:05 PM |#3  
scrubsja's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fort Lauderdale
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036

Shoot me an email here jl52741@gmail.com

Lets see if we can get you fixed up....

Thx Josh

My ME310T is bricked as well and I am not sure of what to do since using the pin hole to reset does not work.

It kept booting to the ASUS logo and I downloaded software from the ASUS site and put on my SD card and tried to load the new firmware/software. Now I only get a green android on his back with a red brick.

Please help, thanks
23rd August 2014, 04:08 AM |#4  
thsire's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag michigan
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
My ME310T
Bricked mine last night My ME310T, accidentally did the wipe from the Bootscreen with the RCK ,, now i tried everything i could find , ADB, Nvflash, power+ Vol - ( no go) reset + vol- nogo, only can get it to Vol+ and APX. All i get is the Boot unlocked in upper left , and Asus Innovation.. or blank screen with APX .. Any help would be great ,,,
23rd August 2014, 04:31 AM |#5  
lj50036's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Area51
Thanks Meter: 2,928
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thsire

Bricked mine last night My ME310T, accidentally did the wipe from the Bootscreen with the RCK ,, now i tried everything i could find , ADB, Nvflash, power+ Vol - ( no go) reset + vol- nogo, only can get it to Vol+ and APX. All i get is the Boot unlocked in upper left , and Asus Innovation.. or blank screen with APX .. Any help would be great ,,,

When do you get adb ?
23rd August 2014, 06:14 AM |#6  
thsire's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag michigan
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036

When do you get adb ?

If you mean what do i get? , just hangs with blinking curser ,,,, i think im total bricked only can get APX mode..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled1.png
Views:	139
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	2908659  
23rd August 2014, 06:16 AM |#7  
lj50036's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Area51
Thanks Meter: 2,928
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thsire

If you mean what do i get? , just hangs with blinking curser ,,,, i think im total bricked only can get APX mode..

So no bootloader no recovery just APX ?

That is to bad, sorry to here that.

Thx Josh
The Following User Says Thank You to lj50036 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2015, 06:00 PM |#8  
Satbeginner's Avatar
Member
Flag Abanilla
Thanks Meter: 35
 
Donate to Me
More
Omnirom on ME301T,
Hi,

I have a working ME301T with the latest (yesterday!) Omnirom on it, but......

I broke the glass when I was opening the device to replace a broken speaker.
I found (google is my friend) that these broken speakers cause a crash or reboot every now and then, the rubber comes loose, then the winding cause a short circuit when playing music, that crashes the unit.

So if you want to take your speaker and screen, and use our electronics, you have a working unit again.
Send me a PM with an offer if you are interested.

Un saludo from Spain,

Satbeginner
Last edited by Satbeginner; 28th February 2015 at 06:00 PM. Reason: extra info
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes