Sim unlock method

OP pisang_aza

18th February 2015, 04:06 PM   |  #241  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

You can always just RUU - that's directly from HTC and will get you completely up to date. You just have to back up your data first.

P.S. Once you root your stock ROM, that makes it a custom ROM, you know .

P.P.S. Since you won't be able to take an OTA without losing your data, you might as well relock and RUU anyway. Then you can unlock, flash the latest TWRP, let it root for you and be up and running on the latest update.

Hi,
Saw your response and had to ask... I installed the latest OTA, S-OFF and rooted. I made a prior backup of my data with TWRP but whenever I restore it, I end up in a boot loop on the HTC One white screen. Phone works fine as long as I don't restore my data backup which sucks. Any advice you can offer? threads i should read thru?
18th February 2015, 04:49 PM   |  #242  
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 11,931

13,061 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by christelle868

Hi,
Saw your response and had to ask... I installed the latest OTA, S-OFF and rooted. I made a prior backup of my data with TWRP but whenever I restore it, I end up in a boot loop on the HTC One white screen. Phone works fine as long as I don't restore my data backup which sucks. Any advice you can offer? threads i should read thru?

Did you restore data, then wipe dalvik cache? And then wait at least 10 minutes?
18th February 2015, 05:37 PM   |  #243  

10 posts
Quote:

Did you restore data, then wipe dalvik cache? And then wait at least 10 minutes?

didn't try it in that order, will try that now and see what happens
18th February 2015, 06:48 PM   |  #244  

10 posts
Quote:

just tried this sequence and unfortunately the same result. After 'Android is upgrading' comes 'Optimizing Apps' it runs thru a total of 409 apps (as seen in attached video ~> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B95...ew?usp=sharing ) reboots and then white screen. Could there be an app in the backup that is causing this?

***UPDATE***
Manually rebooted the phone with the white screen and it came up with 'Android is upgrading' then 'Optimizing Apps 3 of 3'.
Are there 3 apps causing the boot loop?
Last edited by christelle868; 18th February 2015 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Update
18th February 2015, 08:41 PM   |  #245  
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 11,931

13,061 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by christelle868

just tried this sequence and unfortunately the same result. After 'Android is upgrading' comes 'Optimizing Apps' it runs thru a total of 409 apps (as seen in attached video ~> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B95...ew?usp=sharing ) reboots and then white screen. Could there be an app in the backup that is causing this?

***UPDATE***
Manually rebooted the phone with the white screen and it came up with 'Android is upgrading' then 'Optimizing Apps 3 of 3'.
Are there 3 apps causing the boot loop?

Isn't that further than it got before? You said it was just stuck at the "htc ONE" screen previously. This seems like progress to me. Did you reboot a third time? What happened? You might also want to try flashing the latest SuperSU on top of the ROM in recovery, in case that's an issue.
18th February 2015, 11:39 PM   |  #246  

17 posts
Hi,
I read most of the replies here but I got "confused" with all the trial and errors.
Basically my problem is simple.
1. I bought htc one m8, carrier Sprint in the USA.
2. Sent it overseas, never activated/registered in Sprint network

Is there a way to unlock it/activate it in an international network without activate it first in Sprint network?
[I am hoping that the answer is YES]

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Hi,
I read most of the replies here but I got "confused" with all the trial and errors.
Basically my problem is simple.
1. I bought htc one m8, carrier Sprint in the USA.
2. Sent it overseas, never activated/registered in Sprint network

Is there a way to unlock it/activate it in an international network without activate it first in Sprint network?
[I am hoping that the answer is YES]
20th February 2015, 04:53 AM   |  #247  
Flag Puerto Plata
Thanks Meter: 3

67 posts
More
My HTC ONE M8 HK is done!!! full UNLOCKED!!
thanks a lot
24th February 2015, 07:55 PM   |  #248  
Flag TOLUCA

39 posts
More
hello in the past ive unlocked several htc one by this method, but now the sprint htc one sim unlock helper is no longer on the playstore, does any one have it and share it? thanx
27th February 2015, 05:13 AM   |  #249  

10 posts
Quote:

Isn't that further than it got before? You said it was just stuck at the "htc ONE" screen previously. This seems like progress to me. Did you reboot a third time? What happened? You might also want to try flashing the latest SuperSU on top of the ROM in recovery, in case that's an issue.

Gave up on restoring with data, kept trying over and over until the phone booted, I saw the homescreen then it just kept rebooting. I used a 3rd party tool to back up the app data and migrate it to the lollipop
Yesterday, 09:39 PM   |  #250  

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisang_aza

100% work for gsm unlock stock 4.4.2 ( permanent )

step 1 - unlockbootloader-custom recovery-root-s.off
- unlock bootloader from htc dev
- donwload and install custom recovery twrp link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2698400
- download and install supersu from twrp link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2698400
- s-off using firewater and follow instructions (normal, rooted device method) link http://firewater-soff.com/instructions/ or using sunshine (25$)

step 2 -
download htcomadm_spcs.apk and put in internal storage phone
download and install root explorer
download and install htc one sim unlockhelper from playstore

step 3 -
open root explorer and hit button mount r/w for permission read.write
backup original htcomadm_spcs.apk and htcomadm_spcs.odex by changing the file name ( anything that is easy to remember ) from /system/app directory
after rename the original file, copy modded file htcomadm_spcs.apk to /system/app directory and make sure you have set the permission rw-r-r and reboot device

step 4 - begin sim unlock
open htc one sim unlock helper on your phone, it will say htc one device check fail. Now click the 3 menu dot and click on "display sim unlock log" it might ask you for permissions. Make sure to grant them. After that it will say "sim unlock log". There shouldn't be anything there. Now hit the back button and now it should say device verified, root available etc.
Next hit "start" button. If everything goes well, within seconds you should be in the omadm test client menu and scroll all the way down to the end and tap the selection simlock. The phone will freeze a couple of seconds and then return to normal. Once done and normal, tap the back button and the sim unlock helper should show sim unlock results. If it says successful, hit back button then show device verified, root available etc menu again. Then reboot the phone manually from power button

step 5 -
once rebooted, insert your sim card of your gsm carrier and go to your settings> mobile data> network mode. Once you tap that, tap gsm/utms only. If successful your phone will switch from sprint to the gsm carrier. All there is next is to setup your apn settings to be able to receive the carriers data services.

Step 6 -
delete the modded file htcomadm_spcs.apk
and rename the original htcomadm_spcs.apk and htcomadm_spcs.odex to original state which we renamed in previous steps to avoid vdm client stopped error

step 7 - optional
changing signal logo to h or 3g icon
open root explorer then open in text editor file default.xml from /system/customize/acc
scroll all the way down find this line <item type="integer" name="sku_id">10</item>
change the number to 42 and save
reboot

thanks to:
- nikme thread link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2682242
- theslimed2013 thread link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2608910

credit for modified htcomadm_spcs.apk chas123 also used in htc one unlock

headsoff to you sir

sory to ask but what to do about cdma network

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread