OP Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor
Flag Sequim WA
Thanks Meter: 9,257

4,184 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schneid

Will SS3 require a new install of SS or is the current installed one just a link to magic done elsewhere and we can use what we have?

I'm not sure what you are asking, sunshine uninstalls itself after it is done. There is no reason to use SS3 if you are already unlocked/s-off.

JC
The Following User Says Thank You to jcase For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2015, 04:22 AM   |  #2472  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 343

1,019 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcase

I'm not sure what you are asking, sunshine uninstalls itself after it is done. There is no reason to use SS3 if you are already unlocked/s-off.

JC

Oh, no, I think he was asking whether sunshine is entirely a remote piece of code that runs on the phone, making the version of the app redundant.., so when you release 3.0, previous versions of the app will work.

Just to add in, until now, I researched various ways of getting s-off. I knew it was difficult, but not SO Freaking difficult! Now I understand the amount of time and devices it must take to find out vulnerabilities.. $25 seems just about right
27th February 2015, 01:11 PM   |  #2473  
Flag In the wind
Thanks Meter: 68

575 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1234d

Oh, no, I think he was asking whether sunshine is entirely a remote piece of code that runs on the phone, making the version of the app redundant.., so when you release 3.0, previous versions of the app will work.

Just to add in, until now, I researched various ways of getting s-off. I knew it was difficult, but not SO Freaking difficult! Now I understand the amount of time and devices it must take to find out vulnerabilities.. $25 seems just about right

EXACTLY. Just wanted to know if I had to DL and reinstall the SS applet. I'm coming up on my 30 day return window so 3.0 may too late for me. Luckily my M8 was advertised as carrying 4.4.3 so I have a reason under the seller's liberal thirty day return policy. As for the Sunshine's price, $25 to make my phone work as designed is really cheap. I donated almost that much for WeakSauce2 just for the partial root. But then, I always donate. It is hard to believe people don't realize how much time tinkering with these things take and the cost of the phones sacrificed in the process. But then some people don't realize how much work other people do for them everyday to make things better for them. Maybe SS will never work for me but I am very appreciative of the team's effort and that of all the other clever people on XDA.
The Following User Says Thank You to schneid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 07:52 PM   |  #2474  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
This might be a bit of a cross-post, but...

I've unlocked (HTCDev) and rooted (CWM, SuperSU) my HTC One M7 but can't get S-off no matter how hard I try.
4.4.3, Sense 6.0
Hboot 1.57

I get this from Rumrunner:
unfortunately this isn't going to work out with your configuration. you have 2
options:
1.) flash an unsecure kernel that's compatible with your ROM and retry rumrunner
(preferred and most reliable method).
2.) flash a different rom.
NOTE: No amount of messing around with su binaries and apk's is going to fix thi
s issue for you!!!.
Better luck next time!!!!bye
Press ENTER to exit

Would SunShine work? I would more than happily pay $25 to get my GPE...

Thanks!!

EDIT: I opted for blind trust with the compatibility tests. I admit I was really skeptical.
When nothing else worked, this did. No sweat & no hiccups.
Devs, you have made my day and many more days to come! This is the best $25 I've spent in ages! I can't thank you enough!
Last edited by name.temp; Yesterday at 08:38 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to name.temp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 08:43 PM   |  #2475  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 238

392 posts
More
[please delete]
Yesterday, 10:55 PM   |  #2476  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Got S-OFF on my AT&T M8 today. Very easy. Well worth the $25.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread