FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[Q] Bricked 8GB Nook Tablet

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Audio33, Junior Member on 20th May 2014, 10:05 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
2nd August 2014, 06:01 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lttlwing16

Any progress? I have identical situation, in your problem and your steps to resolve. I'm thinking the partitions got nuked. Unfortunately, ADB won't recognize in Windows, and I don't have Adb installed in my Linux machine to manually repartition. I'm thinking partition 5 got wiped, which of what I read is a hard brick, as it contains all the device info.

Have you tried partitioning a sdcard with CM installed to run off of it? I believe this will be my next step..if that fails I'll try to repartition with Linux.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Haven't made any progress. Yes I have tried running CM off of sdcard but it won't boot up. The nook turns on but it just stays at a black screen. My nook does show up in adb though, if I use the CWM SD card.

1st March 2015, 09:19 AM |#12  

More
anyone have a solution to this yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio33

Haven't made any progress. Yes I have tried running CM off of sdcard but it won't boot up. The nook turns on but it just stays at a black screen. My nook does show up in adb though, if I use the CWM SD card.

I recently acquired a nook tablet that appeared to be stuck in a loop son brought it home from someone at work, I managed to figure out how to flash zips and all but this is totally alien to me and as for the waldo link to the repart my computer flagged it as a trojan and I proceeded to download and spent weeks undoing the damage incurred so I will not repeat that and have blocked all and any more changes that can happen without me stopping them from here in,. I will not go through ignoring the warnings any more I have ubuntu never used that before and ready to rebuild from scratch,, I have done many repairs worked as a dell tech many years on laptops.. but seems the world has passed me by standing still here.. with these tablets so odd I am lost anyone care to help an ol lady figure how to get back on track here would like to toss it out the window but i never pass up a challenge for figuring out new tech stuff just getting a bit harder as each year passing me by,,
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread