FORUMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] status bar clock + clock widget freeze

10th May 2014, 07:48 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,

i got a strange problem with my S4 mini (I9195) with CM11 (20140505; snapshot M6).

On my device the clock in the status bar and the widget one stops working every now and then. This doesn't apply to the lockscreen-clock. If i rotate the screen, the clocks get updated and show the correct time - the clock keeps frozen though (it doesn't work further until the next screen-rotation).

I've got the date+clock set automatically via network. If i set it manually, the status bar clock gets updated, but not the widget (just unticking "auto set clock" is not enough, i have to "set clock".). Still, the clock won't keep working, it will just stay frozen till the next rotation.

I found already a few descriptions of this phenomenon on the internet, but nothing here on xda and no solution either.
Please, if anybody knows a solution, it would be most welcome.

regards,
d4foasta

20th May 2014, 04:41 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
if my problem isn't that difficult to solve or if i made some error i don't know it. Do i have to post logs? I came here because i have a problem with my s4 mini and i can't post in the developer-thread.
20th May 2014, 02:41 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 311

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4foasta

Hi,

i got a strange problem with my S4 mini (I9195) with CM11 (20140505; snapshot M6).

On my device the clock in the status bar and the widget one stops working every now and then. This doesn't apply to the lockscreen-clock. If i rotate the screen, the clocks get updated and show the correct time - the clock keeps frozen though (it doesn't work further until the next screen-rotation).

I've got the date+clock set automatically via network. If i set it manually, the status bar clock gets updated, but not the widget (just unticking "auto set clock" is not enough, i have to "set clock".). Still, the clock won't keep working, it will just stay frozen till the next rotation.

I found already a few descriptions of this phenomenon on the internet, but nothing here on xda and no solution either.
Please, if anybody knows a solution, it would be most welcome.

regards,
d4foasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4foasta

if my problem isn't that difficult to solve or if i made some error i don't know it. Do i have to post logs? I came here because i have a problem with my s4 mini and i can't post in the developer-thread.

There was this issue in the s3 mini forum too, i think they said it's cm11 related.. you can check this thread for their solutions, some deleted a file etc. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2521593

It's a very common problem there
The Following User Says Thank You to Aronuser For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st March 2015, 11:52 AM |#4  

More
Did you ever solve this? I'd rather not sift through 500 pages of comments to find the solution, I'm having the same issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread