UPDATED[APP][3.0+] [dev] The Box v3- a lightweight app for custom ROM devs 12Aug2014

OP erikalin

1st March 2015, 06:06 PM   |  #51  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Boston - Southern NH ish
Thanks Meter: 2,715

974 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SICKMADE

First off I would like to say thank you for this app.... I have been wanting to use it for a while now! I just have a question that I hope wasn't already asked which would then make me a noob for not searching first... I want to use this app for my themes. But for the Note 4 I only have 1 so far. My question is what if you dont want to use all of the buttons? What would I need to delete so that they will properly be gone? Thanks in advance!

Hey, Sorry for the delay - been crazy busy and unable to be on XDA. Then I login and I've got a couple PMs about The Box and your post here.
Time to catch up...

Okay. So what would you change to not use all six buttons... I wish I could answer this, but I honestly don't know much about how to edit an app that you decompile (i.e. with apktool). I write the code in java, and this particular app using Eclipse. You decompile it and edit things that look really different, a different process.

You know what. Let me open my stuff real quick and make you one with two buttons. I can't bring myself to make it with one button, but find a use for the second one - google, "coming soon", your xda profile, whatever. Plus you can then expand easily when you have two.

Check back here in a bit...

Update: Okay. I built with just two buttons. Install the attached to test this demo version and see if it works for you:

Two Button Version of The Box

@SICKMADE - Let me know if this works for you, bud.
Attached Files
File Type: apk box_two_button.apk - [Click for QR Code] (420.7 KB, 14 views)
Last edited by erikalin; 2nd March 2015 at 03:23 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to erikalin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread