FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

Anyone try Towelroot?

76 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By sambrooke, Member on 16th June 2014, 03:09 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
27th February 2015, 10:50 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadooman

Yes that also happened to me.. Not sure if it was related to towel root or something I froze. I unfroze everything and uninstalled towel root still had issue..ended up reinstalling oem firmware and everything works normal now. Wondering if the samsung servers know the phone is rooted and refuse connection?

Doubtful; people saying "Hi Galaxy" is free advertising for them. If it occured after freezing tasks I'm sure that was the source of the problem. Must be SELinux related. Next time, just redo your root; you probably didn't need to forfeit data.

27th February 2015, 11:04 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I unfroze everything and it was hit and miss if it connected or not. Reinstalled android problem was gone. Just thought I would offer my experience on this..
1st March 2015, 05:16 AM |#13  
Flag Bay Area California
Thanks Meter: 926

More
On NC5 it was the fastest and easiest root ever.
1st March 2015, 06:30 PM |#14  
Flag New England, USA
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Cool
One of my phone's is a Galaxy S3 using NE1 and since i couldn't unlock the bootloader but, i had successfully rooted it using towelroot.

It has been about 6 months and i never had issues.

Not everyone with a matching phone has the same issues when it comes to Rooting as well as Bootloader Unlocking.

One's bad experience doesn't always mean another will have the same. This all depends on the expertise and know-how of the user as well as the reliability of an individual who provides the information and/or files accomplishing a Root and/or Bootloader Unlocking.

Just my opinion
Last edited by Ibuprophen; 1st March 2015 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Spelling Correction
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread