FORUMS

XPrivacy for Android Lollipop – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Have you ever been on the Google Play Store and saw an app that you wanted to … more

How a HTC Droid Eris Changed a Members Life

Rarely can a member say that Android development or XDA had a profound effect on … more

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Anyone try Towelroot?

27th February 2015, 10:50 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadooman

Yes that also happened to me.. Not sure if it was related to towel root or something I froze. I unfroze everything and uninstalled towel root still had issue..ended up reinstalling oem firmware and everything works normal now. Wondering if the samsung servers know the phone is rooted and refuse connection?

Doubtful; people saying "Hi Galaxy" is free advertising for them. If it occured after freezing tasks I'm sure that was the source of the problem. Must be SELinux related. Next time, just redo your root; you probably didn't need to forfeit data.

27th February 2015, 11:04 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I unfroze everything and it was hit and miss if it connected or not. Reinstalled android problem was gone. Just thought I would offer my experience on this..
1st March 2015, 05:16 AM |#13  
Flag Bay Area California
Thanks Meter: 921

More
On NC5 it was the fastest and easiest root ever.
1st March 2015, 06:30 PM |#14  
Flag New England, USA
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Cool
One of my phone's is a Galaxy S3 using NE1 and since i couldn't unlock the bootloader but, i had successfully rooted it using towelroot.

It has been about 6 months and i never had issues.

Not everyone with a matching phone has the same issues when it comes to Rooting as well as Bootloader Unlocking.

One's bad experience doesn't always mean another will have the same. This all depends on the expertise and know-how of the user as well as the reliability of an individual who provides the information and/or files accomplishing a Root and/or Bootloader Unlocking.

Just my opinion
Last edited by Ibuprophen; 1st March 2015 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Spelling Correction
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread