View Poll Results: OverClocking : Keep it and enhance/fix it (instabilities) OR drop it (stability) ???
Keep it and enhance/fix it (accept instabilities) 31 25.00%
drop it (enjoy stability) 93 75.00%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

(01MAR) Googy-Max3 Kernel 1.3.0 FINAL [TW/GE/CM] (Linux 3.4.106 / Linaro 4.9.3)

OP googy_anas

Announcement from googy_anas: 1.3.0 FINAL (TW/TW444/GE5/CM12) Released !!! ;)
Yesterday, 08:07 PM   |  #3731  
Flag Ruhr area
Thanks Meter: 188

264 posts
More
@googy
only want to say thanx for your awesome job with this amazing kernel.
hopefully we see us in a few months in the S6 section. have a good time see you

I9505 powered by Danvdh GE5 latest Googy Kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to niknase For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 09:17 PM   |  #3732  
Thanks Meter: 858

1,204 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by googy_anas

[01MAR] Version 1.3.0 FINAL (CM12/TW/TW444/GE5) :

- switched to linaro gcc 4.9.3 optimized for Cortex A15 2015.02
- ARM patches
- Fixes a nasty memory management error due to an old patch
- various tweaks: rcu, sched, timer, kthread, ext4, block
- ksm is now disabled by default

I did my best in 1.3.0 to have top performance and battery life. I present it to you as a "good-bye" gift. I'm leaving S4 i9505 in favor of S5 G900F.

Good-bye everybody AND THANKS A LOT FOR ALL YOUR KIND SUPPORT

Realy sad news
Whish you all the best for the future and want to thx you for your good work!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to galaxy mini For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 09:20 PM   |  #3733  
Flag Arcola
Thanks Meter: 7

25 posts
Donate to Me
More
@googy_anas. Thanx for all mate and good luck!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fabiozamo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 09:46 PM   |  #3734  
Thanks Meter: 567

1,846 posts
Quote:

- ARM patches

I did my best in 1.3.0 to have top performance and battery life. I present it to you as a "good-bye" gift. I'm leaving S4 i9505 in favor of S5 G900F.

I probably ask too, too much, but this is b/c im not sure how much of effort this requires... Any chance to compile a build for CM 11, in case there are some important updates, security patches or something? I don't care much about names, and version numbers, hype and stuff, but I do care about security updates, added functionality, if it doesn't take arm and leg, or functioning camera app ☺for it as a price.
I need a camera, which works great for my needs on CM11. Also I see many complains about battery life with CM12.
Anyway, if there were not much changes between 1.2.5 and 1.3 it doesn't matter. I'm still on 1.2.5

Why have you chosen Samsung again, if I may ask? You don't mind Knox, and not being able to have a nice, functional AOSP based ROM?
This is definitely my last Samsung, except if I decide to go with Note line like I did before for functionality I needed for my job. I really like Note 3 and 4 hardware side, but enough is enough. Their bloatware combined with their NSA bitch role is the reason for me to break my habit of getting their phones only b/c I like hardware. You remember that German guy traced Samsung voice packages to NSA's servers - later critics meant there is no prove ip addresses are still in possession of the NSA ☺, the only fact is they owned these in past. And now the latest news about companies who were giving, and I'm sure still do the same, open access to their hardware to these famous agencies... Samsung is of course on the list. And the Russians have chosen them over American companies b/c of security related concerns. Crazy world. If I only had much, much more money.
The Following User Says Thank You to !crazy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 10:01 PM   |  #3735  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Rabat
Thanks Meter: 9,890

2,089 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by !crazy

I probably ask too, too much, but this is b/c im not sure how much of effort this requires... Any chance to compile a build for CM 11, in case there are some important updates, security patches or something? I don't care much about names, and version numbers, hype and stuff, but I do care about security updates, added functionality, if it doesn't take arm and leg, or functioning camera app ☺for it as a price.
I need a camera, which works great for my needs on CM11. Also I see many complains about battery life with CM12.
Anyway, if there were not much changes between 1.2.5 and 1.3 it doesn't matter. I'm still on 1.2.5

Why have you chosen Samsung again, if I may ask? You don't mind Knox, and not being able to have a nice, functional AOSP based ROM?
This is definitely my last Samsung, except if I decide to go with Note line like I did before for functionality I needed for my job. I really like Note 3 and 4 hardware side, but enough is enough. Their bloatware combined with their NSA bitch role is the reason for me to break my habit of getting their phones only b/c I like hardware. You remember that German guy traced Samsung voice packages to NSA's servers - later critics meant there is no prove ip addresses are still in possession of the NSA ☺, the only fact is they owned these in past. And now the latest news about companies who were giving, and I'm sure still do the same, open access to their hardware to these famous agencies... Samsung is of course on the list. And the Russians have chosen them over American companies b/c of security related concerns. Crazy world. If I only had much, much more money.

Cm was always good except for camera because of lack of proper sources and api documentation... and it will stay so !

I don't really care about knox and my 0x0 never lasted more than 1h !!!!

About me still choosing Samsung, it's simply because I still didn't meet any brand which has its balance of pros and cons . Whatever is being said about Samsung, they are still good at what they do !

Envoyé depuis mon SM-G900F
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to googy_anas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 10:17 PM   |  #3736  
Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 328

1,028 posts
Quote:

Cm was always good except for camera because of lack of proper sources and api documentation... and it will stay so !

I don't really care about knox and my 0x0 never lasted more than 1h !!!!

About me still choosing Samsung, it's simply because I still didn't meet any brand which has its balance of pros and cons . Whatever is being said about Samsung, they are still good at what they do !

Envoyé depuis mon SM-G900F

Thank you for your work, I realy apreciate your kernel and from some time now I use it with pleasure
May the S5 users have the same feelings
God speed!
The Following User Says Thank You to heblu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 10:34 PM   |  #3737  
Thanks Meter: 671

420 posts
Quote:

Thanks mate for your good job, for your amazing kernel and for your support to android community Hope to see you one day on S6
The Following User Says Thank You to bluflight For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 11:17 PM   |  #3738  
Thanks Meter: 1,084

1,598 posts
Quote:

- ARM patches

We'll miss you googy, many thanks for your great Kernel (the Best).
Good luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edzamber For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 11:22 PM   |  #3739  
Flag Davao City
Thanks Meter: 557

1,646 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dijkstra88

Hopefully I'll meet you again Googy at the S6 development thread. About two months I have my S6 edge and really love your kernel for the S4. Good luck with the S5 also a fantastic device

Send from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

S6 has only a good processor and camera the rest is bs.
Going to test your kernel googy and thanks for all your efforts on this one. This is my favorite kernel and has been used in all roms that i usually flash good luck on the S5 community!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to xDroidZz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 11:23 PM   |  #3740  
Flag Behind you :D
Thanks Meter: 1,180

977 posts
Donate to Me
More
Continue Developing
@googy_anas and I talked to each other and we are both agree, that I can continue his hard work. Means, I will make my own kernel based on his kernel, inlused with all features he added until now. I will update everything, adding new stuff and so on. I will start a new thread soon.

Thank to @googy_anas and everything he did for us! I wish him good luck in the S5 thread! I will miss you so much mate.. But thank you thousand times to give me this chance to continue your great work!! You are the best around here on XDA.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Tkkg1994 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread