[KNOX] S4 mini and Knox

OP Aronuser

25th February 2015, 08:28 AM   |  #91  
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 141

335 posts
Donate to Me
More
I can tell You one thing (Samsung not playing fair so we don't need to), info directly from Samsung - if phone doesn't turn on they don't check it why and just replace MB. Conclusion - make it completely dead so they can't verify knox status.
25th February 2015, 08:30 AM   |  #92  
Thanks Meter: 24

382 posts
What's the best way to completely kill a phone? Hypothetically of course!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using XDA Free mobile app
25th February 2015, 08:55 AM   |  #93  
Flag Kraków

335 posts
Donate to Me
More
Any hardware damage that don't leave any marks. Anyway it's not ethical to do something like this so have some honesty and don't make things like this just to have new MB with knox 0x0 but in the situation when You have broken phone and certainty that Samsung wont repair it because knox.
25th February 2015, 02:52 PM   |  #94  
Flag Somewhere

74 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamelleon

I can tell You one thing (Samsung not playing fair so we don't need to), info directly from Samsung - if phone doesn't turn on they don't check it why and just replace MB. Conclusion - make it completely dead so they can't verify knox status.

If device doesnt turn on for you it doesnt mean it wont for them(service), they can run several tests on it anyway...
25th February 2015, 03:57 PM   |  #95  
Flag Kraków

335 posts
Donate to Me
More
If Your damage is hardware service doesn't check it. Only software issues are tested.
25th February 2015, 11:39 PM   |  #96  

382 posts
I didn't say I was gonna do this I must add!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using XDA Free mobile app
25th February 2015, 11:58 PM   |  #97  
Thanks Meter: 7

113 posts
More
Doing a brick and put some 24 Voltage or little higher in the USB-input, and at the pins in the SIM-card slot will be enough to break some circuits. Be sure to remove the battery first.
26th February 2015, 12:08 AM   |  #98  
Flag Kraków

335 posts
Donate to Me
More
This case has two sides: one it's not fair to make something like this and two there is some reason that Samsung don't repair motherboards but replace it so it must be included in cost of phone. High voltage is best option i think.
26th February 2015, 12:16 AM   |  #99  
Thanks Meter: 7

113 posts
More
Well i think it's not fair of Samsung to forever disable updates because of rooting the phone. This ****-treatment to the customers is not acceptable.. So personally i will with a smile on my face fix my phone and get another one before the warranty is out..
2nd March 2015, 12:01 AM   |  #100  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Some questions about getting rid of knox
Hello! I have i9192 with I9192XXUBML2 firmware and knox-enabled bootloader. My knox warranty is 0x0. I want to downgrade my bootloader to that version that was before introducing knox. And I don't want to set knox flag to 0x1. I tried to search some information about knox, and as far as I understood my phone will be bricked if I'll try to flash older bootloader via odin/heimdall. But I could not find any information about alternate ways of downgrading bootloader.

For example, what happens if I'll get root using Root de la Vega, then write bootloader image using dd directly to mmcblk device? Will my phone be bricked? Will knox flag be triggered?

Also I've found that there is SDCARD MODE that allows to flash bootloader using image from sdcard. Will this way work for downgrading bootloader?

Can I downgrade bootloader without triggering knox flag using JTAG?

Thanks in advance.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
knox
Previous Thread Next Thread