[Review] Doogee DG550 Kitkat OctaCore Phablet

OP Xperia-Ray

20th February 2015, 10:47 PM   |  #421  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 9

21 posts
More
I just discovered another plus to the 01/26 ROM, you can use the latest version of Maps and it won't crash! It keeps going steady. Previously I had to uninstall all Maps updates to use the version that the phone shipped with, or else the application would crash within a minute or two of activating it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HyperionAlpha For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2015, 07:21 PM   |  #422  
Thanks Meter: 7

63 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionAlpha

I just discovered another plus to the 01/26 ROM, you can use the latest version of Maps and it won't crash! It keeps going steady. Previously I had to uninstall all Maps updates to use the version that the phone shipped with, or else the application would crash within a minute or two of activating it.

No issue with a yellow tint to the front camera? I cannot figure out why I have that issue.
23rd February 2015, 04:07 PM   |  #423  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 9

21 posts
More
I haven't had that problem. I did have a problem with the gyroscope and accelerometer with the last ROM I was using. It would constantly think that it was in motion, and very fast, to the point that the camera menus? If they were open, they would flip 180 degrees, upside down and back again, in the camera interface. Other apps that used the gryo+accelerometer were similarly messed, and did not discover this til about a week or so before I updated to 01/26 ROM. But both cameras operate normally, in fact they operated normally before, no tint of any kind that I can see.
The Following User Says Thank You to HyperionAlpha For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd March 2015, 07:55 AM   |  #424  
Thanks Meter: 54

75 posts
I updated on Friday. Maps navigation now works without frequent crashing. Also no more random daily reboot.

This is the most stable ROM I have run on my DG550. I will have to think twice about updating to Lollipop if Doogee ever get around to releasing it.
Last edited by thangcuoi; 2nd March 2015 at 09:25 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread