[GUIDE][UPDATED] How to deodex stock kitkat roms

OP AndikaTedja

6th January 2015, 08:11 PM   |  #151  
Flag Hartford
Thanks Meter: 85

246 posts
More
Run a root-enabled browser e.g. ES File Explorer or Root Browser. Navigate to /system/app/ if you deodexed properly there won't be any .odex files, if it didn't work all or most .apk files in this folder will have an associated .odex file of the same name
12th January 2015, 05:00 AM   |  #152  
Flag North East
Thanks Meter: 231

1,114 posts
More
Didn't work on a S4 I9505 running a stock 4.4.2 ROM (UGFN1)

I am going to retry tomorrow. I hope it works next time, and I did something wrong the first time (I followed the instructions to the letter, though!).
20th January 2015, 04:52 PM   |  #153  
Flag Hartford

246 posts
More
Tablet Worked on my Galaxy Tab 4 10.1
I just wanted to say thank you again to @AndikaTedja for this extremely useful tool!

For anyone interested, this worked perfectly on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 SM-T530NU on build no. UEU1ANK1 4.4.2 KitKat. Main.bat wasn't able to pull the required directories, so I did that myself using ES smb. Other than that everything worked exactly as it should, I chose the option to zipalign too. I was able to flash the zip file created by the tool in TWRP 2.8.4.0. Just remember the first boot will probably take a very long time, so be patient and make sure your battery is charged before trying this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thisisapoorusernamechoice For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2015, 10:16 AM   |  #154  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denpasar, Bali
Thanks Meter: 161

126 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisapoorusernamechoice

I just wanted to say thank you again to @AndikaTedja for this extremely useful tool!

For anyone interested, this worked perfectly on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 SM-T530NU on build no. UEU1ANK1 4.4.2 KitKat. Main.bat wasn't able to pull the required directories, so I did that myself using ES smb. Other than that everything worked exactly as it should, I chose the option to zipalign too. I was able to flash the zip file created by the tool in TWRP 2.8.4.0. Just remember the first boot will probably take a very long time, so be patient and make sure your battery is charged before trying this.

Nice to hear that bro, will update the zipalign worked
The Following User Says Thank You to AndikaTedja For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th February 2015, 11:30 PM   |  #155  
Thanks Meter: 17

80 posts
More
I used this tool to deodex my Samsung Galaxy Avant and it worked mostly but I get one issue. If I boot the phone at least once after a factory reset before flashing the zip everything will work fine but if I flash it immediately after a factory reset I get a notification that com.android.phone has stopped and mobile data doesn't work. Has anyone else experienced this?
21st February 2015, 08:47 AM   |  #156  
Thanks Meter: 12

128 posts
@AndikaTedja
Excellent work. Thanks for your hard work and most valuable guide. But, I`ve a problem to deodex. I`m in latest 4.4.2 stock firmware in my T311 (XXUBNK2).
It Says "The System cannot find the specified path" always in Tool. I`ve manually copied all the files (as mentioned in OP) in the system folder of Kitkat Deodexer What should I do ?
Last edited by Micheal86; 21st February 2015 at 08:50 AM.
22nd February 2015, 06:08 AM   |  #157  
Flag Hartford

246 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheal86

@AndikaTedja
Excellent work. Thanks for your hard work and most valuable guide. But, I`ve a problem to deodex. I`m in latest 4.4.2 stock firmware in my T311 (XXUBNK2).
It Says "The System cannot find the specified path" always in Tool. I`ve manually copied all the files (as mentioned in OP) in the system folder of Kitkat Deodexer What should I do ?

In KitKat Deodexer you have to sort the files into three folders: app, framework, and priv-app depending on which of those directories the file came from on your device. Some examples: Bluetooth.apk goes in app, framework-res.apk and twframework-res.apk go in framework, and SecSettings.apk and SystemUI.apk go in priv-app. Is that your issue?
The Following User Says Thank You to thisisapoorusernamechoice For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2015, 08:17 AM   |  #158  
Thanks Meter: 12

128 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisapoorusernamechoice

In KitKat Deodexer you have to sort the files into three folders: app, framework, and priv-app depending on which of those directories the file came from on your device. Some examples: Bluetooth.apk goes in app, framework-res.apk and twframework-res.apk go in framework, and SecSettings.apk and SystemUI.apk go in priv-app. Is that your issue?

Thank you so much for your quick reply.
Actually after launching the Tool when I type :
1. 1 for creating directories it says " sub directories and file system already exists".
2. 2 for pulling files from device - " The system can not find the path specified" ( Though I already put all the files in the system folder according to as they are in device.I manually copy all the folders (app, framework and private app) with the files from the device in system directory of kitkat deodexer. (as you`ve said).
3. 3 for deodexing - "starting deoex... and nothing happens but after that it says "deodexed files are stored in system/app, system/priv-app,system/framework folder". But when I check all the files remain unchanged.
4. 4 for ziplign - "this scripts zipaligns multiple apks automatically..... but nothing happens.
I`ve tried several times, but every time it happens the same.
I really don`t understand what`s wrong with it.
I`ve installed java .I`ve putted the kitkat deodexer folder in my C drive and then putted it in the C:\user\User name. but still cann`t.
Please guide me to do it successfully.
Today, 08:33 AM   |  #159  
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
is this working w/ lollipop roms?..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread