TOWELROOT

OP andu86

7th February 2015, 08:38 AM   |  #141  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Knox status
"I have in the meantime made some changes to the /system folder, e.g. removed the photo-click sound, freed some space by removing the japanese language files for text-to-speech (gives you 25MB) and inserted all the updated system apps back to the system (did not ODEX them and removed classes.dex from the .apk - so they are all larger than the ODEXed originals). Also I moved out Google+ from System to be regular app. "

So you moved/deleted few files from the /system folder and your phone's knox status is still intent, right?
Last edited by androhun; 7th February 2015 at 08:42 AM.
8th February 2015, 01:28 AM   |  #142  
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 242

1,413 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androhun

So you moved/deleted few files from the /system folder and your phone's knox status is still intent, right?

Yes, correct - the changes in a signed /system make the "Custom" status but do not spoil the KNOX.
8th February 2015, 09:59 AM   |  #143  

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobbbie

Yes, correct - the changes in a signed /system make the "Custom" status but do not spoil the KNOX.

So can I delete the needless apks from the /system/app folder? If yes, that's great
8th February 2015, 06:32 PM   |  #144  
Flag Workington, Cumbria
Thanks Meter: 152

338 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androhun

So can I delete the needless apks from the /system/app folder? If yes, that's great

Yes, knox is only tripped if you flash anything non-stock like a custom rom, custom kernel, custom recovery etc.
9th February 2015, 09:50 AM   |  #145  

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010radams

Yes, knox is only tripped if you flash anything non-stock like a custom rom, custom kernel, custom recovery etc.

It's cool thank you so much! 👋
2nd March 2015, 09:27 PM   |  #146  
Thanks Meter: 4

50 posts
It's worth noting on the first post that once you install SuperSU, Knox Security will detect and try to disable it (asking you to reboot). DON'T REBOOT, but instead run SuperSU and allow it to update the su binary and disable Knox Security. This is normal, and won't trip the warranty void flag.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread