Stock Backups + OTA's

OP Rydah805

Yesterday, 04:33 PM   |  #221  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

So you want a rom.zip for which 4.4.4 software version? I can make one, but if your device is one of the "SunShine won't work on this device" phones, it won't matter what you have installed. SunShine 3.0 with Lollipop compatibility is right around the corner - any reason you can't wait a week or so until it's released?

I finally got this to work today.

The only ROM that was close enough to stock that would allow Sunshine to S-Off successfully was the 4.4.3 GPE gpe_m8whl_4.4.3_cptb-ART-compatible found here on the forums. I imagine the 4.4.4 would work as well, but that was the one that finally worked for me.
Edit: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2762336 under the Older versions

For anyone else that hasn't been attempting to S-Off their device prior to updating to Lollipop this might help.

The only two other issues I saw other people running in to were ones I had issues with as well.
1. Moving a .zip on certain ROM's might require you to delete the .zip extension then adding it again after. (MTP seems forced)
2. Certain flashing (0P6BIMG.zip) also require you to move the file onto an SD card, and RELOCK THE BOOTLADER.

These were the big issues I had downgrading, as well as getting Sunshine to work. I am still clueless when it comes to most of this compared to the average user, I just have a more similar experience to any other NOOBs who are trying to S-Off too late.

I wish I had documented my steps a bit better. My messups may have saved someone time in the future.
Last edited by brettmurf; Yesterday at 04:49 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread