Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

[Q]Kitkat and USB mass storage mode

19th January 2015, 06:07 PM   |  #51  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Cyanogen Mod 12
A little for your information everyone

I installed the cyanogen mod 12 which claimed to have usb mass storage enabled on it.
It does and this works perfectly and I am very pleased with the performance. Just a simple option when you connect the device to change to usb storage.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...od-12-t2943934
The Following User Says Thank You to ramsdaro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd February 2015, 11:12 AM   |  #52  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 19

136 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atourman

First of all, HUGE thanks to jjdoctor and Alfons_Hetler for their work. I am running KK 4.4.4 on a rooted S4 SGH-M919 (T-Mobile USA), and had no luck with the earlier solutions based on the USB Mass Storage Enabler app (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2297888). The following has enabled UMS without a hitch:

1. Download & install SManager script editor from Google Play Store
2. Create folder \KitKatUMS somewhere on the SD card
3. Place UMS & MTP script files from Alfons_Hetler's post (#27) into this new folder
4. Open SManager and open the UMS file
5. Select "Su" (green skull and crossbones icon), "Boot" (cogwheel icon), and "Bg" (& icon). (Note:Selecting "Boot" will ensure that the script enabling UMS mode is automatically run each time the phone starts up )
6. Select "Save" and "Run"

Note: If the phone is still in MTP mode, a one-time selection of Mass Storage Mode may be required within the USB Mass Storage Enabler app. I already had this app on my phone, before coming to this thread, and don't know if it's a prerequisite for having everything work

Thank you thank you thank you!
It worked! After the latest update I had some issues with this, but following your exact steps fixed this and I'm once again able to mount my S4 Mini's card as UMS.
4th February 2015, 10:31 AM   |  #53  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Not working for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by atourman

First of all, HUGE thanks to jjdoctor and Alfons_Hetler for their work. I am running KK 4.4.4 on a rooted S4 SGH-M919 (T-Mobile USA), and had no luck with the earlier solutions based on the USB Mass Storage Enabler app (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2297888). The following has enabled UMS without a hitch:

1. Download & install SManager script editor from Google Play Store
2. Create folder \KitKatUMS somewhere on the SD card
3. Place UMS & MTP script files from Alfons_Hetler's post (#27) into this new folder
4. Open SManager and open the UMS file
5. Select "Su" (green skull and crossbones icon), "Boot" (cogwheel icon), and "Bg" (& icon). (Note:Selecting "Boot" will ensure that the script enabling UMS mode is automatically run each time the phone starts up )
6. Select "Save" and "Run"

Note: If the phone is still in MTP mode, a one-time selection of Mass Storage Mode may be required within the USB Mass Storage Enabler app. I already had this app on my phone, before coming to this thread, and don't know if it's a prerequisite for having everything work

I'm having an issue. Its mounting as a drive, but not a storage device. Its not opening like a storage device normally would. I'm running 4.4.2 Kit Kat on a sch i545. Please help me !!
3rd March 2015, 04:51 PM   |  #54  
Thanks Meter: 3

55 posts
Man it sucks that I can't connect my S5 to my car head unit. After reading the last few pages, will this method work for the Verizon S5?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
external sd card, kitkat, root, samsung s4, usb mass storage
Previous Thread Next Thread