FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

HTC ONE M7 Google Play Conversion

17 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By Gizzy666, Junior Member on 29th May 2014, 02:13 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
2nd March 2015, 06:55 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 2,105

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepesh_p

I guess so @alray. But its still funny that it can download a youtube video to stream but not a file. In the meanwhile I was checking other posts on the HTC One development thread where some people have reported having successfully converted AT&T to International version saying that they have the same internals. Will that improve our odds of getting s-off? Also the international version is already receiving 5.0.2 I read. Can we try this? This is killing me. I have the phone for 5 days now and I'm still stuck with my old phone. I just want lollipop and I didn't think that would be such a pain in the ass to achieve.

International variant is updated to 5.0.2 Sense version, you said that you want to convert to GPE version. Anyway converting the phone to any version does require s-off.
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]

2nd March 2015, 07:03 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:

I guess so @alray. But its still funny that it can download a youtube video to stream but not a file. In the meanwhile I was checking other posts on the HTC One development thread where some people have reported having successfully converted AT&T to International version saying that they have the same internals. Will that improve our odds of getting s-off? Also the international version is already receiving 5.0.2 I read. Can we try this? This is killing me. I have the phone for 5 days now and I'm still stuck with my old phone. I just want lollipop and I didn't think that would be such a pain in the ass to achieve.

Yes @alray, I do. I prefer stock rom over any skin applied by companies but if nothing works i can atleast get the OTA, disable BlinkFeed and install Google Launcher which I use anyway. That's the next best thing to have.
This is where I read that a rom can be flashed without tweaking hboot : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2266013&page=3
Last edited by deepesh_p; 2nd March 2015 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Tag
2nd March 2015, 07:14 PM |#23  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes @alray, I do. I prefer stock rom over any skin applied by companies but if nothing works i can atleast get the OTA, disable BlinkFeed and install Google Launcher which I use anyway. That's the next best thing to have.
This is where I read that a rom can be flashed without tweaking hboot : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2266013&page=3

afaik, the ota update to lollipop for AT&T is not out yet so you'll have to use Sense based custom roms like arhd or maximus. But in order to use these roms, its also recommended to update the firmware to 7.19.401.2 which will require s-off. You can however try these roms but youll most likely have some instabilities if you don't update your firmware.
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd March 2015, 07:18 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Done for the day
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

afaik, the ota update to lollipop for AT&T is not out yet so you'll have to use Sense based custom roms like arhd or maximus. But in order to use these roms, its also recommended to update the firmware to 7.19.401.2 which will require s-off. You can however try these roms but youll most likely have some instabilities if you don't update your firmware.

I guess then I'll retry the download tomorrow. Have been sitting in front of the laptop since morning now without eating trying to figure this out somehow. I guess today isn't the day I get lollipop. I'll try again tomorrow and get back. Thanks again and sorry for making you go through all this. Your help really means a lot. We try tomorrow again or whenever you're free again
3rd March 2015, 04:15 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Have anybody tried sunshine for HTC one M7 with 1.57 Hboot ? is it successful or not ?
firewater link is not working any more any where
3rd March 2015, 04:35 PM |#26  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpanda

Have anybody tried sunshine for HTC one M7 with 1.57 Hboot ? is it successful or not ?
firewater link is not working any more any where

We are telling everyone in multiple threads that the only solution to achieve s-off on hboot 1.57 is Sunshine, so yes it will be successful
Firewater is officially discontinued and will not work anymore
3rd March 2015, 04:47 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks Alray, of course it will be successful, just want to know have anybody tried it already at Hboot 1.57 HTC one M7 ?
3rd March 2015, 05:06 PM |#28  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpanda

Thanks Alray, of course it will be successful, just want to know have anybody tried it already at Hboot 1.57 HTC one M7 ?

Probably a few hundreds ppl already tried it if not more.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
google play, htc m7
Previous Thread Next Thread