[THOR] Successfully rolled back to 13.3.1.0 (Safestrap working)

OP 058515471

21st January 2015, 08:28 PM   |  #271  
Thanks Meter: 106

285 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob583

Just a heads-up, your links are now full of malware.

No they're not...?
The Following User Says Thank You to EncryptedCurse For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2015, 09:03 PM   |  #272  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 192

218 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EncryptedCurse

No they're not...?

Lol his computer is probably infested and corrupting links for him.
21st January 2015, 11:45 PM   |  #273  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nymica

Lol his computer is probably infested and corrupting links for him.

That may be what happened. I clicked on them and it wanted to put some downloader/installer on my laptop. Time to revoke my wife's admin rights. I just assumed it was a bad link.
The Following User Says Thank You to rob583 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2015, 12:06 AM   |  #274  
Thanks Meter: 106

285 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob583

That may be what happened. I clicked on them and it wanted to put some downloader/installer on my laptop. Time to revoke my wife's admin rights. I just assumed it was a bad link.

You're probably just clicking the wrong button.
Make sure it's the blue one that says "Download Now." Adblock really helps in cases like these.
The Following User Says Thank You to EncryptedCurse For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2015, 03:45 AM   |  #275  
Thanks Meter: 49

97 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjamesbond

yes success thanks for your help kindle now rooted with 13.3.2.4

had to disable and reenable ota a few times and it appeared after a fashion, so have installed 13.3.2.4 and re-rooted, installed SU , HDX exposed and safestrap now to consider roms . Ive backed up my software, so next I make partition? a bit more reading required probably
James

I realize this is an old post but I experienced the same problem and found disabling/reenabling ota updates did the trick. Also rebooted for good measure. Be patient after cycling ota/reboot as it takes a few minutes to recognize the update file.
Last edited by Davey126; 2nd February 2015 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Fixed typo
17th February 2015, 11:34 PM   |  #276  
Thanks Meter: 8

36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by casualt

I followed OP instructions but changed a few things. Credits go to original OP 058515471 and jimyv.
This is what worked for me.

Here is what I did as I followed the original post many times and had no success. Use romtoolbox.apk instead of originally suggest buildpropeditor.apk.

FIRST OFF FORGET THE VROOT! Don't do it it is not necessary. Also factory reset is not needed.
Now I own the 7" HDX and I only tested with 7". I was originally on 13.3.2.1 and upgraded to 13.3.2.2.

Do all steps in stock rom! and have kindle hdx plugged into computer via usb

1. If already disabled OTA updates use HDXTOOLKIT #5 and enable OTA updates.
2. Turn wifi off and forget already known networks
3. Open safestrap and uninstall recovery
4. Uninstall safestrap under settings-applications-manage all applications
5. Download romtoolbox.apk off google and push to kindle
6. Download bin file from OP.
7. Move bin file to ROOT of internal storage SDCARD (IMPORTANT!)
8. Open romtoolbox and select root browser mnt folder - shell folder - emulated folder - hold finger on safestrap folder and delete.
ONLY FOLLOW THIS STEP IF YOU HAVE SAFESTRAP ALREADY INSTALLED!
9. Open romtoolbox app and swipe left to performance then select build.prop editor
10. Scroll to change these 4 items in the romtoolbox buildprop editior.
ro.build.description highlight - select all - delete, type without quotes "thor-user 4.2.2 JDQ39 13.3.0.9_user_300079820 release-keys"
ro.build.fingerprint highlight - select all - delete, type without quotes "Amazon/thor/thor:4.2.2/JDQ39/13.3.0.9_user_300079820:user/release-keys"
ro.build.version.incremental highlight - select all - delete, type without quotes "13.3.0.9_user_300079820"
ro.build.version.number highlight - select all - delete, type without quotes "300079820"
11. Reboot kindle and go to settings - device - system update to see if build # changed to 13.3.0.9 if it has continue
12. In seconds you should see an option to update system to 13.3.1.0 if so click update
13. After kindle has finished upgrading use HDXTOOLKIT and follow each numbered selection
14. FINISHED

Any questions ask me.
Again I did exactly this and successfully downgraded to 13.3.1.0

hello, I installed safestrap on 13.3.2.4 and installed Nexus 2.0.4 on another slot. Do I have to wipe/delete that slot (not stock rom slot) or do something before activating stock slot and uninstall safestrap there (before rolling back to 13.3.1.0) ?
As I understand from your 8th steps, this stepis equivalent to deleting the slot I created in Safestrap (Nexus 2.0.4 slot is contained in Emulated safestrap folder?) and it seems that I shoudn't do anything besides following your guide. Is that correct?

Thank you very much for your guide.
Last edited by uhraman; 17th February 2015 at 11:36 PM.
20th February 2015, 03:24 AM   |  #277  
Thanks Meter: 21

242 posts
[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhraman

hello, I installed safestrap on 13.3.2.4 and installed Nexus 2.0.4 on another slot. Do I have to wipe/delete that slot (not stock rom slot) or do something before activating stock slot and uninstall safestrap there (before rolling back to 13.3.1.0) ?
As I understand from your 8th steps, this stepis equivalent to deleting the slot I created in Safestrap (Nexus 2.0.4 slot is contained in Emulated safestrap folder?) and it seems that I shoudn't do anything besides following your guide. Is that correct?

Thank you very much for your guide.

Yes sir you are correct. You can backup your rom slot you created first then delete rom slot. Then boot into stock rom slot to finish guide
The Following User Says Thank You to casualt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2015, 12:31 AM   |  #278  
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 24

116 posts
More
There is SAFESTRAP FOR 13.3.2.3.2/13.3.2.4/13.3.2.5
Attached Files
File Type: apk Safestrap-Thor-3.75-os3.2.4-B02.apk - [Click for QR Code] (6.34 MB, 2 views)
3rd March 2015, 10:44 PM   |  #279  
Flag Kostroma
Thanks Meter: 12

63 posts
More
Guys! I missed if anyone else tolled, but DON'T EVEN TRY to downgrade from version 13.3.2.7-13.3.2.8! If you'll try, your device will be hardbricked without possibility of repairing.
If your device hardbricked, you must be lucky, that your device will be replaced with new one by amazon's support.
sorry for my bad english
The Following User Says Thank You to modi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 05:21 AM   |  #280  
Thanks Meter: 43

198 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modi

Guys! I missed if anyone else tolled, but DON'T EVEN TRY to downgrade from version 13.3.2.7-13.3.2.8! If you'll try, your device will be hardbricked without possibility of repairing.
If your device hardbricked, you must be lucky, that your device will be replaced with new one by amazon's support.
sorry for my bad english

Do you know of any other versions that are affected? I read about that somewhere. Amazon has implemented something in their software that makes your tablet brick itself if it detects an earlier version of its firmware on the device. BE VERY CAREFUL.

I actually haven't gotten an HDX yet but now that there's a bootloader unlock I'm thinking about it. I'm glad somebody warned me about the hardbrick thing. This tablet looks very capable.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread