yes success thanks for your help kindle now rooted with 18.104.22.168
had to disable and reenable ota a few times and it appeared after a fashion, so have installed 22.214.171.124 and re-rooted, installed SU , HDX exposed and safestrap now to consider roms . Ive backed up my software, so next I make partition? a bit more reading required probably
I followed OP instructions but changed a few things. Credits go to original OP 058515471 and jimyv.
This is what worked for me.
Here is what I did as I followed the original post many times and had no success. Use romtoolbox.apk instead of originally suggest buildpropeditor.apk.
FIRST OFF FORGET THE VROOT! Don't do it it is not necessary. Also factory reset is not needed.
Now I own the 7" HDX and I only tested with 7". I was originally on 126.96.36.199 and upgraded to 188.8.131.52.
Do all steps in stock rom! and have kindle hdx plugged into computer via usb
1. If already disabled OTA updates use HDXTOOLKIT #5 and enable OTA updates.
2. Turn wifi off and forget already known networks
3. Open safestrap and uninstall recovery
4. Uninstall safestrap under settings-applications-manage all applications
5. Download romtoolbox.apk off google and push to kindle
6. Download bin file from OP.
7. Move bin file to ROOT of internal storage SDCARD (IMPORTANT!)
8. Open romtoolbox and select root browser mnt folder - shell folder - emulated folder - hold finger on safestrap folder and delete.
ONLY FOLLOW THIS STEP IF YOU HAVE SAFESTRAP ALREADY INSTALLED!
9. Open romtoolbox app and swipe left to performance then select build.prop editor
10. Scroll to change these 4 items in the romtoolbox buildprop editior.
ro.build.description highlight - select all - delete, type without quotes "thor-user 4.2.2 JDQ39 184.108.40.206_user_300079820 release-keys"
ro.build.fingerprint highlight - select all - delete, type without quotes "Amazon/thor/thor:4.2.2/JDQ39/220.127.116.11_user_300079820:user/release-keys"
ro.build.version.incremental highlight - select all - delete, type without quotes "18.104.22.168_user_300079820"
ro.build.version.number highlight - select all - delete, type without quotes "300079820"
11. Reboot kindle and go to settings - device - system update to see if build # changed to 22.214.171.124 if it has continue
12. In seconds you should see an option to update system to 126.96.36.199 if so click update
13. After kindle has finished upgrading use HDXTOOLKIT and follow each numbered selection
Any questions ask me.
Again I did exactly this and successfully downgraded to 188.8.131.52
hello, I installed safestrap on 184.108.40.206 and installed Nexus 2.0.4 on another slot. Do I have to wipe/delete that slot (not stock rom slot) or do something before activating stock slot and uninstall safestrap there (before rolling back to 220.127.116.11) ?
As I understand from your 8th steps, this stepis equivalent to deleting the slot I created in Safestrap (Nexus 2.0.4 slot is contained in Emulated safestrap folder?) and it seems that I shoudn't do anything besides following your guide. Is that correct?
Thank you very much for your guide.
Guys! I missed if anyone else tolled, but DON'T EVEN TRY to downgrade from version 18.104.22.168-22.214.171.124! If you'll try, your device will be hardbricked without possibility of repairing.
If your device hardbricked, you must be lucky, that your device will be replaced with new one by amazon's support.
sorry for my bad english
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|