Thanks for that!
So this should read as:
- Download Odin 3.09
- Flash the NCG kernel found in this thread.
- Run the towelroot apk to root.
- Flash the NK7 kernel I found.
- Follow instructions in this thread to get Safestrap working.
- DO NOT ake the OTA update to OA8 (Lollipop).
- Follow instructions in this thread to update to OA8 and keep root?
One final question. If i flash the kernel, it changes nothing but the underlying kernel for the os, so all my apps, contacts, media etc stays on the phone. Some apps may not run properly if there is a dependency on the previous kernel, but this should be set to rights once I reflash the kernel? Just don't want to lose data to root without knowing its going to happen, so that i can back up specific files.