Gear Fit (Small Watch Band)

685 posts
Thanks Meter: 57

By AstroDigital, Senior Member on 15th April 2014, 12:15 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
23rd May 2014, 07:15 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Okay but here in Holland there was a great offer where you got the gear fit for free with your galaxy s5 you didn't had the choice in size...

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

23rd May 2014, 07:19 PM |#12  
Flag Ružomberok
Thanks Meter: 274

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzo4000

Okay but here in Holland there was a great offer where you got the gear fit for free with your galaxy s5 you didn't had the choice in size...

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

You can buy new strap in every official Samsung Store in country. In my small country (Slovakia) we have 3 official stores and also in other shops you can buy it. I have one standard size in black color and one XL size in orange color. But XL is too big for me.
25th May 2014, 07:51 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pRo_lama

You can buy new strap in every official Samsung Store in country. In my small country (Slovakia) we have 3 official stores and also in other shops you can buy it. I have one standard size in black color and one XL size in orange color. But XL is too big for me.

Maybe they like Europe?

Canada has 3 stores, all out west and I am not driving 4000 or 5000km to see if they have wrist straps, me I bought one from eBay orange, standard size. Like I said the strap was not to small just had to get used to it.
1st December 2014, 10:21 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Too small?!?! I'm dying for a smaller one! Yes I am a woman a not so small woman but these really aren't designed for us no smart watch right now is. I got the fit because it was the smallest of them all and mine is all the way in with the loop almost doubled!

The goof!
5th December 2014, 07:23 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
I wouldn't mind if the band were two notches larger.
1st March 2015, 03:01 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I found the band too much hassle to fit quickly so got hold of a folding buckle, trimmed the band lengths, made holes for the spring pins and now the gear fits like a watch, just the right side of snug. Simple DIY job as I couldn't find anything in stores.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150301_144940.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	255.6 KB
ID:	3189103   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150301_144913.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	249.7 KB
ID:	3189104  
3rd March 2015, 09:39 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
KMD19, That is a nice solution. I think I've seen those metal bands that have a pin for the watch band holes to still make it adjustable.
The Following User Says Thank You to dwwright For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2015, 08:09 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
dwwright. Yes they are easily obtainable from the Amaz - Bay. I plan on making some more using the standard straps in various colours. It's the raised bumps on the underside of the standard strap that provides the space/thickness for the holes required. I used a cork board pin from both sides to make mine, after I'd cut off the excess strap, that was the only tricky bit.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)