Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[DEV] Docker template for building CyanogenMod

1st March 2015, 01:43 PM   |  #61  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 80

116 posts
Originally Posted by todivefor

Finger slip, jfltespr. It is the Sprint variant for the Samsung Galaxy S4. Haven't tried any others. I plan to try grouper next.

Let me know if it fails there as well.
1st March 2015, 06:45 PM   |  #62  
Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Meter: 43

481 posts
Got the same result with grouper:

collect2: error: ld terminated with signal 9 [Killed]
/home/cmbuild/android/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld.gold: warning: hidden symbol '__system_property_get' in /home/cmbuild/android/out/target/product/grouper/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/base_base_gyp_intermediates/base_base_gyp.a(sys_info_android.o) is referenced by DSO /home/cmbuild/android/out/target/product/grouper/obj/lib/libcutils.so
/home/cmbuild/android/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld.gold: warning: hidden symbol 'SkBitmap::lockPixels() const' in /home/cmbuild/android/out/target/product/grouper/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/skia_skia_library_gyp_intermediates/skia_skia_library_gyp.a(SkBitmap.o) is referenced by DSO /home/cmbuild/android/out/target/product/grouper/obj/lib/libjnigraphics.so
/home/cmbuild/android/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld.gold: warning: hidden symbol 'SkBitmap::unlockPixels() const' in /home/cmbuild/android/out/target/product/grouper/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/skia_skia_library_gyp_intermediates/skia_skia_library_gyp.a(SkBitmap.o) is referenced by DSO /home/cmbuild/android/out/target/product/grouper/obj/lib/libjnigraphics.so
/home/cmbuild/android/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld.gold: warning: hidden symbol 'SkBitmap::notifyPixelsChanged() const' in /home/cmbuild/android/out/target/product/grouper/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/skia_skia_library_gyp_intermediates/skia_skia_library_gyp.a(SkBitmap.o) is referenced by DSO /home/cmbuild/android/out/target/product/grouper/obj/lib/libjnigraphics.so
make: *** [/home/cmbuild/android/out/target/product/grouper/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libwebviewchromium_intermediates/LINKED/libwebviewchromium.so] Error 1
root@e4de81b8f6a5:/home/cmbuild/android#
1st March 2015, 08:53 PM   |  #63  
Pittsburgh, PA

481 posts
Quote:

Got the same result with grouper:

collect2: error: ld terminated with signal 9 [Killed]
/home/cmbuild/android/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld.gold: warning: hidden symbol '__system_property_get' in /home/cmbuild/android/out/target/product/grouper/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/base_base_gyp_intermediates/base_base_gyp.a(sys_info_android.o) is referenced by DSO /home/cmbuild/android/out/target/product/grouper/obj/lib/libcutils.so
/home/cmbuild/android/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld.gold: warning: hidden symbol 'SkBitmap::lockPixels() const' in /home/cmbuild/android/out/target/product/grouper/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/skia_skia_library_gyp_intermediates/skia_skia_library_gyp.a(SkBitmap.o) is referenced by DSO /home/cmbuild/android/out/target/product/grouper/obj/lib/libjnigraphics.so
/home/cmbuild/android/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld.gold: warning: hidden symbol 'SkBitmap::unlockPixels() const' in /home/cmbuild/android/out/target/product/grouper/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/skia_skia_library_gyp_intermediates/skia_skia_library_gyp.a(SkBitmap.o) is referenced by DSO /home/cmbuild/android/out/target/product/grouper/obj/lib/libjnigraphics.so
/home/cmbuild/android/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld.gold: warning: hidden symbol 'SkBitmap::notifyPixelsChanged() const' in /home/cmbuild/android/out/target/product/grouper/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/skia_skia_library_gyp_intermediates/skia_skia_library_gyp.a(SkBitmap.o) is referenced by DSO /home/cmbuild/android/out/target/product/grouper/obj/lib/libjnigraphics.so
make: *** [/home/cmbuild/android/out/target/product/grouper/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libwebviewchromium_intermediates/LINKED/libwebviewchromium.so] Error 1
root@e4de81b8f6a5:/home/cmbuild/android#

@michael_ch What is a known working build that I can try?
1st March 2015, 11:18 PM   |  #64  
OP Senior Member

116 posts

@michael_ch What is a known working build that I can try?

After searching about your problem, I don't think it has to do with the target device.

It just seems like your Docker container doesn't have enough memory (RAM) available. Check these links about the collect2 error which seems to be the starting point of your problems:

- http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5...-i-build-clang
- http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...r-to-liblto-so

Docker uses all available memory so it seems like your computer can't provide enough of it. What you can do though, is to use more swap space and use that explicitely by running "docker run -m=<n>" (eg. "4g"). However, I'm pretty sure this will terribly slow down your build time... For more on "docker run", check https://docs.docker.com/reference/ru...cpu-and-memory.
4th March 2015, 12:37 PM   |  #65  
Pittsburgh, PA

481 posts
@michael_ch finally got this to work. The links you provided me were spot on. I have a ubuntu VM I use to try to learn a little about linux. I tried all this as an exercise to learn more about linux and docker and less about compiling CM. My VM was initially set at 1G, didn't work. I tried 4G and 8G, neither worked. I bumped it it up to 12G and set swap to 10G, which worked. I will try to boot my built CM12, but not my intended goal. Several years ago, I setup a build environment for CM, maybe CM9, but this is much slicker. It was a good learning experience. Thank you.
4th March 2015, 12:39 PM   |  #66  
OP Senior Member

116 posts
Smile
Quote:

@michael_ch finally got this to work. The links you provided me were spot on. I have a ubuntu VM I use to try to learn a little about linux. I tried all this as an exercise to learn more about linux and docker and less about compiling CM. My VM was initially set at 1G, didn't work. I tried 4G and 8G, neither worked. I bumped it it up to 12G and set swap to 10G, which worked. I will try to boot my built CM12, but not my intended goal. Several years ago, I setup a build environment for CM, maybe CM9, but this is much slicker. It was a good learning experience. Thank you.

Thanks for the feedback, you're welcome!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
build, compile, cyanogenmod, docker
Previous Thread Next Thread