Sense 6 370 61.98%
GPE 114 19.10%
Voters: 597. You may not vote on this poll

[POLL] AOSP or GPE or Sense on the HTC One M8

OP krazie1

Today, 12:38 AM   |  #321  
Thanks Meter: 14

74 posts
So i've posted here before about how i preferred Sense 6, ONLY because of the HTC Camera App. Since recently, I switched to CM12, and I have to say, the ROM is REALLY smooth and fast. the camera on there is snappy, but the quality is still lacking. I then installed the HTC Camera from the Play Store, and it works! So now I can say I like both the AOSP or GPe since I can install the HTC Camera.

I just think HTC's camera app was optimized for the 4 Ultra Pixel Duo Camera on board of the M8.

I think this is where HTC has earned a future customer, minus the M9 cause of the minor aesthetic update. M10 will probably be my next phone, even with just a minor update to the look of the phone.
Today, 12:46 AM   |  #322  
Thanks Meter: 271

828 posts
So.. U can install the sense camera from store?? And gallery for all the edit stuff? If yes, I'm a gpe convert..lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Today, 02:48 AM   |  #323  
Thanks Meter: 14

74 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708

So.. U can install the sense camera from store?? And gallery for all the edit stuff? If yes, I'm a gpe convert..lol

Yes, you can. I installed the HTC Camera, HTC Gallery, and HTC Video Viewer. You can install all of the HTC apps.

Other manufacturers need to do this! I always wanted the Nexus 6, but it was way too pricey for off contract, and I actually like some of the manufaturers built in apps (SOME! VERY FEW LOL), and the build quality and aesthetics of the HTC One M8 is unrivaled for an Android device. So now I have me a Nexus 6 with the beauty of HTC and some of HTC's apps. Its a win-win!
The Following User Says Thank You to leo9891 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 03:18 AM   |  #324  
Thanks Meter: 271

828 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo9891

Yes, you can. I installed the HTC Camera, HTC Gallery, and HTC Video Viewer. You can install all of the HTC apps.

Other manufacturers need to do this! I always wanted the Nexus 6, but it was way too pricey for off contract, and I actually like some of the manufaturers built in apps (SOME! VERY FEW LOL), and the build quality and aesthetics of the HTC One M8 is unrivaled for an Android device. So now I have me a Nexus 6 with the beauty of HTC and some of HTC's apps. Its a win-win!

Best news ever. Guess I've got reason to root, s off, etc. This is the longest I've gone. Lol

Today, 03:48 AM   |  #325  
Flag Juazeiro
Thanks Meter: 10

52 posts
More
How can I install HTC Camera on my converted GPE M8?? I cannot find any way to do it! It says it's not available on the Play Store.

Today, 11:50 AM   |  #326  
Flag Cape Town
Thanks Meter: 59

485 posts
More
Definitely Sense!

I converted to GPE a few days ago to try it out and was very disappointed. The fact that you can't even edit the shortcuts in the drop down menu is madness... Seems like they went backwards from Kit Kat in some ways.

Sense is pretty awesome, not very intrusive and ugly like TouchWiz and adds nice functionality.
Today, 02:28 PM   |  #327  
Flag Derry, NH
Thanks Meter: 164

487 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaocadide

How can I install HTC Camera on my converted GPE M8?? I cannot find any way to do it! It says it's not available on the Play Store.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/veri...8-rom-t3008262

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread