Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL][STABLE&DEV] TWRP [TF300T/TF201] | DISCONTINUED

Announcement from ne0zone75: This project is discontinued !
3rd March 2015, 12:13 AM   |  #181  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,339

961 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicLPer

DUDE, THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!
I've searched for MONTHS now for a simple and working nvflash how-to That helped me a lot!

Now another thing: I saw that there's a "Grimlock" kernel. But there's a "Linaro" and a non version one. Which one to pick?
Thanks already!

Yes ! GRIMLOCK is a must have kernel for your tablet and AFAIK @hardslog is always building it with Linaro GCC (compiler) so there should be only one edition for each version : the latest one v5 is for use with lollipop custom ROMs, while previous one v4 is for use with kitkat ones. Anyway, you will find all you need to know about this custom kernel in this thread...

I am glad that you did find previously linked thread interesting BUT do not forget to thank @das chaos because informations in it are coming from him !

Regards

Tapatalked from my D821
Last edited by ne0zone75; 3rd March 2015 at 12:24 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ne0zone75 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd March 2015, 12:39 AM   |  #182  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0zone75

Yes ! GRIMLOCK is a must have kernel for your tablet and AFAIK @hardslog is always building it with Linaro GCC (compiler) so there should be only one edition for each version : the latest one v5 is for use with lollipop custom ROMs, while previous one v4 is for use with kitkat ones. Anyway, you will find all you need to know about this custom kernel in this thread...

I am glad that you did find previously linked thread interesting BUT do not forget to thank @das chaos because informations in it are coming from him !

Regards

Tapatalked from my D821

Hello,
Thanks for your reply once again. Yeah, I saw that thread already but he provides a "Mirror 1" download link which has 2 different versions, one being the Linaro and one being the non-Linaro version. I'm just asking myself if that has something special to do with the tablet or thing that's installed on it (to not have a potential bootloop/softbrick).
http://forum.xda-developers.com/devd...3448#downloads
Hope you can once again help, you've been a good pal today and I can't give you enough Thanks heer on XDA
3rd March 2015, 12:55 AM   |  #183  
OP Senior Member

961 posts
More
Quote:

Hello,
Thanks for your reply once again. Yeah, I saw that thread already but he provides a "Mirror 1" download link which has 2 different versions, one being the Linaro and one being the non-Linaro version. I'm just asking myself if that has something special to do with the tablet or thing that's installed on it (to not have a potential bootloop/softbrick).
Hope you can once again help, you've been a good pal today and I can't give you enough Thanks heer on XDA

Just search for the reason of sharing two edition of the same kernel version (standard vs. Linaro) from inside previously linked thread...

I do not know why it is so...

Anyway, IMO you can safely flash one edition or the other because if Linaro one is not booting for you, you will still be able to flash standard edition over it...

Good night !

Tapatalked from my D821
3rd March 2015, 06:13 PM   |  #184  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,473

1,447 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Hello,

Quote:

Just search for the reason of sharing two edition of the same kernel version (standard vs. Linaro) from inside previously linked thread...

I do not know why it is so...

Anyway, IMO you can safely flash one edition or the other because if Linaro one is not booting for you, you will still be able to flash standard edition over it...

Good night !

Tapatalked from my D821

2 versions are the for fun and because no 2 tablets are created equally. Theoretically the "Linaro" build uses a "more optimized" toolchain to compile the kernel, therefore leading to better performance in the kernel. The regular Grimlock kernel is using the tried tested and true (but older) toolchain so in theory may not have quite the same performance. I created the 2 just to see if there would be any real world difference and releasing them out in the wild can give me feedback from the users
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hardslog For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2015, 08:19 PM   |  #185  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Area51
Thanks Meter: 2,180

2,457 posts
Donate to Me
More
@ne0zone75

We should open this thread back up ....

I have a build that would be a very good addition for all .....

I will be here to help and build and even release these builds if need be ....

The source is all on git so thats not an issue ......

Let me know ..... Thx Josh
The Following User Says Thank You to lj50036 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2015, 09:18 PM   |  #186  
OP Senior Member

961 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036

@ne0zone75

We should open this thread back up ....

I have a build that would be a very good addition for all .....

I will be here to help and build and even release these builds if need be ....

The source is all on git so thats not an issue ......

Let me know ..... Thx Josh

Good evening Josh,

Since official TWRP support is back for Transformer devices, i think that it is useless for me continue to offer updates to this project as is... i started it because there was not official support...

Furthermore i do not own a TWRP enabled Transformer tablet anymore (i do own a TF701T) which is the secondary reason that made me stop this project recently...

Nevertheless you are more aware than me of Transformer users needs so it will be a great pleasure to let you re-continue this project ! Just let me know how you do want to proceed : you can take ownership of it if you want to or you can start a new one of course...

Kindest regards

Tapatalked from my XT1068
The Following User Says Thank You to ne0zone75 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2015, 04:42 AM   |  #187  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Area51
Thanks Meter: 2,180

2,457 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Good evening Josh,

Since official TWRP support is back for Transformer devices, i think that it is useless for me continue to offer updates to this project as is... i started it because there was not official support...

Furthermore i do not own a TWRP enabled Transformer tablet anymore (i do own a TF701T) which is the secondary reason that made me stop this project recently...

Nevertheless you are more aware than me of Transformer users needs so it will be a great pleasure to let you re-continue this project ! Just let me know how you do want to proceed : you can take ownership of it if you want to or you can start a new one of course...

Kindest regards

Tapatalked from my XT1068

http://forum.xda-developers.com/tran...-twrp-t3046479

Started a new one ....

Thx Josh
The Following User Says Thank You to lj50036 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2015, 06:22 AM   |  #188  
OP Senior Member

961 posts
More
Quote: