[REF] LG Optimus L90 Ultimate Thread

12th February 2015, 08:02 AM   |  #1561  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 125

378 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyKoBo

So I'm having trouble understanding this part

""First, backup your LG Download mode (laf) with this code, so you can use LG Flash if necessary.

(Backup will be saved as laf.img on your internal SD Card)

adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf of=/sdcard/laf.img.

Now run the following code to zero out laf:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf

adb reboot ""

I downloaded the files but I don't know how to bring up the adb thing command prompt. And How do i back up LAF?

Have you installed the LG Device Drivers (can be found on LG webpage), as stated in the thread? And downloaded and extracted the linked files? If no, do so. If you have installed LG Device Driver and extracted the adb files, connect your phone to your PC, go to the extracted folder, hold shift, right-click on adb.exe and enter the stated commands. The commands will automatically back up your laf to your SD card (the laf is a mandatory part of your phone system, so a back up is highly recommended, so you are able to flash it back in case anything went wrong). After you have entered the command "adb reboot" your phone should reboot. Now start the fastboot.exe as administrator (right click -> run as admin) and continue with the guide. If you have further questions, you might ask @shinobisoft, he might be able to help you even more.

But as I am not 100% sure about all those stuff (as I have a D405 and did all this some month ago), please do some further investigation, otherwise you would end up with a bricked device.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to orville87 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2015, 10:09 AM   |  #1562  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
So where do you find the 10e version information... I can only see the software version v10d-eur-xx is this it?? Can i safly try towelroot?

Enviado do meu LG-D410 através de Tapatalk
28th February 2015, 08:33 PM   |  #1563  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
Thumbs up
You're my hero now. Been trying for so long to get this to work. It's been such a journey with the L90-D415.
5th March 2015, 02:27 AM   |  #1564  
Thanks Meter: 1

59 posts
Hi,

How can I root the T-Mobile LG D415? I just received a new phone straight from T-mobile because the old one broke.
5th March 2015, 03:00 AM   |  #1565  
Thanks Meter: 16

139 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnm24

Hi,

How can I root the T-Mobile LG D415? I just received a new phone straight from T-mobile because the old one broke.

Go to the very beginning of this thread and start reading, my friend.
5th March 2015, 03:37 AM   |  #1566  
Thanks Meter: 3

36 posts
Is there anyway to change the short hold home button gesture to open the recent apps switcher to double click home button instead? Thanks. On the stock ROM. CM is too buggy for me, no video.
5th March 2015, 07:09 AM   |  #1567  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 125

378 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solenz

Is there anyway to change the short hold home button gesture to open the recent apps switcher to double click home button instead? Thanks. On the stock ROM. CM is too buggy for me, no video.

You can use Nova Launcher, for example (or any other alternative launcher, I guess). In the launcher's settings you can define the behaviour for double click on home button to open recent apps panel.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
l90, optimus, root, thread, tips
Previous Thread Next Thread