How to update SGH-I747 to UCUFNE4_4.4.2

OP enewman17

21st February 2015, 06:52 PM   |  #431  
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayateyoshida

I already had android 4.3 on SGH-I747 (obviously) and already had TWRP 2.7 on it. I attempted to install your (OP's) custom recovery and it came up with a bunch of error messages stating "command not found" or something along those lines and then failed. I then rebooted and got the AT&T boot screen loop and I now cannot turn my S III back on no matter what I try. It won't even charge - I have multiple batteries and phones, the battery is fine.

I747u or i747m? This only works on i747u & if you were on older firmware than MJB, it won't work, has to be i747u on MJB to flash, if not you more than likely bricked it
22nd February 2015, 04:32 AM   |  #432  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

Which custom recovery did you flash? I see no custom recovery in the original post.

He lists them in step 3, I used the Stock + Root one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canodroid15

I747u or i747m? This only works on i747u & if you were on older firmware than MJB, it won't work, has to be i747u on MJB to flash, if not you more than likely bricked it

I have the I have the AT&T version. It's not the M. 4.3 is MJB.

This is my second time using a process like this to update as I do not like having to reflash Odin back on in order to use OTA. I did a similar one for 4.3 and it worked flawlessly. I'm not sure where I went wrong this time.
Last edited by hayateyoshida; 22nd February 2015 at 04:39 AM.
22nd February 2015, 02:07 PM   |  #433  

4 posts
Alguien sabe que si cambiando ah esta rooms funciona a el 4g en perfecto estado??? Por ejemplo en Venezuela no me da seņal de 3g solo esta en edge
22nd February 2015, 04:51 PM   |  #434  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 1,469

3,768 posts
More
Quote:

I already had android 4.3 on SGH-I747 (obviously) and already had TWRP 2.7 on it. I attempted to install your (OP's) custom recovery and it came up with a bunch of error messages stating "command not found" or something along those lines and then failed. I then rebooted and got the AT&T boot screen loop and I now cannot turn my S III back on no matter what I try. It won't even charge - I have multiple batteries and phones, the battery is fine.

Quote:

He lists them in step 3, I used the Stock + Root one.

Step 3 is where the ROM is flashed, not a custom recovery. Sorry, I was confused by your wording.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to audit13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2015, 05:51 PM   |  #435  
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefestto

Alguien sabe que si cambiando ah esta rooms funciona a el 4g en perfecto estado??? Por ejemplo en Venezuela no me da seņal de 3g solo esta en edge

English please! Google translator👍
23rd February 2015, 01:11 AM   |  #436  

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

Step 3 is where the ROM is flashed, not a custom recovery. Sorry, I was confused by your wording.

My apologies for the confusion.
24th February 2015, 04:58 AM   |  #437  
Thanks Meter: 5

40 posts
More
Ok so I installed this rom without any issues coming from SlimKat to 4.3 to this rom. Everything on the rom seems to work but Im having one issue, I cant write to the internal memory, I cant manually write to it using file managers including ES file manager, I cant create files/ folders, cant copy and paste and apps doesnt seem to have permission to write to it either....no whatsapp doesnt create a folder and so I cannot get or take pictures or get voicenotes in whatsapp, mp3 downloaders cant downloads mp3's and stuff like that... seems to be a permission issue with the rom. What can I do to rectify this behaviour?
p.s. Ive reinstalled slimkat to test if this issue was present since I updated the bootloader to NE4 and the issue was not present, reinstall the Stock Rom and its there again.
Any advice is greatly welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enewman17

This is how I updated to 4.4.2
This is a full firmware update!

I'm not the best at giving directions. I do expect a certain level of knowledge and skill on your end.

Need a device with a custom recovery.
usb debugging turned on.
adb and a rooted device.
proper drivers for phone installed on your pc
Knowledge of flashing and using odin.

Checking the bootloader.
If your not sure what bootloader your on.

Code:
adb shell
getprop ro.bootloader
exit
exit <--- the second exit is to completely terminate the shell connection.
Or in a terminal emulator on your phone.
Code:
su
getprop ro.bootloader
1. In a custom recovery flash MJB bootloaders https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319197285
Reboot phone fully then reboot back into your custom recovery.

2. In a custom recovery flash the MJB to NE4 firmware update. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358559161

3. Wipe and install UCUFNE4 in custom recovery.
Stock + Root: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358550126
Stock DeOdex + Root: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358550125

4. (Optional) Flash the stock recovery in your custom recovery. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23681161096070493
While working with spagman72 on debricking devices we figured out no amount of ODIN will be as effective as a full wipe in the stock S3 recovery.
A wipe in the stock S3 recovery will also fix any sdcard encryption issues as well.
Now reboot back into the stock recovery and do a factory reset.

5. Use odin and flash your preferred custom recovery again.

Yesterday, 08:07 PM   |  #438  

1 posts
Bricked
I followed the procedures to the letter and bricked my phone. Started the update and when it went to reboot it was DEAD. Took it to a phone shop and they said the motherboard was bad. Wasn't before doing this update! Just sayin'.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread