FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Your thoughts on the OnePlus Phone? Opinion and review here!

26th February 2015, 01:31 PM |#881  
Flag Unknown
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Hi guys, im planning to get OPO to replace my Nexus 5 because of the poor battery life. Anyways, im just concerned about the yellow screen you guys are talking. Im scared because what if the OPO i buy have yellow screen? plus, do you guys have any other problems or cons beside the yellow screen?

26th February 2015, 08:48 PM |#882  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Yea. Reception is terrible
26th February 2015, 08:58 PM |#883  
Thanks Meter: 220

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnellTapawan

Hi guys, im planning to get OPO to replace my Nexus 5 because of the poor battery life. Anyways, im just concerned about the yellow screen you guys are talking. Im scared because what if the OPO i buy have yellow screen? plus, do you guys have any other problems or cons beside the yellow screen?

Some people with tell you otherwise, but I think the yellow band issue is no longer an issue.

Some people think it's still there, but I have bought a few 1+1 in the past few months and I don't think there was yellow band on any of them.

Overall, great phone. My only problem/hindrance is the size. I LOVE the size and weight of the N5. It doesn't seem to be an issue for most people.

When I'm home, the size is fine. When I'm out, it's too big.

Good luck
26th February 2015, 10:30 PM |#884  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I just received my oneplus one yesterday my previous phone was the nexus 5 and I don't have any yellow tint and the colors looks a lot better than the nexus 5 after u update it to the latest update

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app
27th February 2015, 03:49 AM |#885  
Flag Unknown
Thanks Meter: 61

More
what other phones can you suggest guys?
27th February 2015, 04:33 AM |#886  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaka809

I just received my oneplus one yesterday my previous phone was the nexus 5 and I don't have any yellow tint and the colors looks a lot better than the nexus 5 after u update it to the latest update

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

I just got mine - no yellow tint for me either. The screen looks nice and the speakers almost scared me because they are so much louder than my nexus 5 was.
The Following User Says Thank You to sdmark For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st March 2015, 10:04 PM |#887  
Flag Mass
Thanks Meter: 298

More
Evening everyone . I have been jumping around in the one forum to see what ROMs, thoughts and such this phone has. Currently I'm using a g2 which all in all is a phenomenal phone. My g2 consistently hits at least 4-5 hrs sot. My only unhappiness is the lack of kernels and such (flashaholic here) although I see render has just got a one. My question is to anyone that has either had a g2 or whatnot...what are your thoughts. The g2 is fast and light but I feel w the g4 arrival dev work may slow down so I have been eying the one as I want the bigger screen. I have a g pro and that has a 5.5 screen and it is def bigger than this 5.2. But battery sucks. Just curious on your thoughts, thanks
2nd March 2015, 12:55 PM |#888  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I've been using the OPO for just a week but I'm very happy with it, especially jumping from HTC Sensation which is like 4 generations behind

At first, I thought it will be too big for me (I was looking for something like 4.5 or 4.7 inches) but it fits quite well in the hands. No comment on the speed and power of this beast, everything runs smoothly.

So far, I'm very happy with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fidel Castro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2015, 05:54 PM |#889  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 761

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnellTapawan

what other phones can you suggest guys?

In the price range of the OnePlus One there is nothing else to compare.
5th March 2015, 09:32 PM |#890  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hands down best purchase ever
I've been a lurker on XDA for many years now, and normally never feel the need to comment on threads. However with this topic I felt compelled to do so. I'm sure with everyone who's purcahsed a OPO their experience varies from my own, so with that said consider it's purely anecdotal. I have owned many devices in the past 2 years. I started with a DNA, switched to an M7 for a short period of time, dabbled for a few months with an Xperia Z Ultra, and landed on my feet with the OPO. I was super excited as I had always wanted one when they first came out but didn't feel the need to wade through invite pools or beg for the right to purchase the phone. When they allowed open orders on Tuesdays for the first time I snagged one up immediately. My experience since purchasing the phone has been nothing but smooth. I, much like other well informed buyers, was afraid of the yellow banding or other QC issues with the device. Everything from the order process, the fast shipping, and even the packaging presentation was flawless. I am one of those people that inadvertently judges a piece of technology on how well it's packaged and presented to the end user. OnePlus didn't miss the bar at all in this area. It was like Christmas morning all over again. I've been into custom ROMS and kernels for years so I knew even before ordering that I was going to root and flash this phone. Nevertheless, CM11S was still lightning fast and I fell in love with the phone right away. The design was impeccable, albeit I wasn't in love with the Sandstone finish on the back cover, this of course being a minor oversight since you can purchase replacement style covers or simply slap a TPU case over it like I did. I love the charger, and cable that came with the phone. They even were thoughtful enough to include a Nano SIM tray for those users who need it in place of the Micro. The SIM unlock tool was another great addition because we all know how much it sucks searching for a paper clip in a scattered desk space. I plugged it in, installed the drivers, and went straight into Fastboot to flash a custom recovery and root the phone. Installed TWRP, flashed BlissPop, and Boeffla kernel, and I've been off to the races ever since. Now like I said, every user has had different experiences with this phone, but I can honestly tell you I've been made a believer with mine. I was so impressed I convinced my roommate to buy one a week later in place of a G2, when she was looking at upgrading to a G3. I've never had the pleasure of owning a N5 or even N6, but I've had the chance to play with them, and after watching many reviews comparing them side by side, I still have no regrets over getting the OPO. I haven't made any kernel tweaks as of yet, and I'm running my OPO on Straight Talk, where I get LTE almost everywhere I go, and haven't had any issues whatsoever with the hardware. No yellow banding, no overheating, no lag, no nothing. I'm what I would consider a power user, where I'm pushing this thing all day from 8 am, until easily 10 pm at night with anywhere from 4 to 5 hours of SOT, and I still have 20% + of battery life at the end of the night. In standby mode, this thing has lasted almost 2 full days for me. Take from this what you will, but if I could say anything it would be if you're considering getting one, like MANY others have said, there is nothing that rivals this phone for the price point comparison. Don't hestitate, GET ONE.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cancervive For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
5.5, oneplus, oppo, snapdragon 800, snapdragon 801
Previous Thread Next Thread