Thanks to the Developer @Redth
for this. I downloaded this application yesterday and was excited about the idea of getting hiding/ridding the Amz launcher, but after reading every post on this thread and unchecking the "Disable Home Detection", there still seems to be a few issues.
Here is what I noticed:
* The home button still took me to the Amz launcher. Sometimes when pressing the Home button I can visibly see the FiredTV launcher in the background behind the Amz launcher. I was able to make it go to the FiredTV launcher one time after it was idle for a little while.
* FiredTV Launcher settings was only accessible via the remote "Menu" button. I thought this button was supposed to be right-click
* Settings icon takes me to the Amz launcher but with a blank menu (nothing is present)
* It does indeed start on cold-boot
* I even tried installing FireTV Launcher Helper app and set FiredTV to it, and played with all possible options, but this did not do anything whatsoever.
Clearing cache and/or data for both apps did nothing, and uninstalling other launchers or any apps that effect buttons did nothing either. I did not yet try the Macrodroid or Llama routes yet, which one is preferred and more effective?
* Fire TV (not stick, though I also have a stick which I will be trying this out on tonight)
* Rooted w/ unlocked Bootloader, CWM, etc.
* NO Xposed (I don't want to install Xposed for the time being security-wise)
* Pre-rooted Stock ROM 22.214.171.124 (can't wait for non-Amz ROM!)