Thanks Meter: 16

129 posts
More
Looks good, will try it out tonight
14th February 2015, 03:16 AM   |  #252  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I have a question about Auto Boot
How do I get this to Auto Boot when you start up the Fire TV Stick instead of the Amazon Fire TV Stick home page
15th February 2015, 03:25 PM   |  #253  
Flag Los Alamos, NM
Thanks Meter: 32

283 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltwou

How do I get this to Auto Boot when you start up the Fire TV Stick instead of the Amazon Fire TV Stick home page

See post #221 in this thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=221
Last edited by wellersl; 16th February 2015 at 03:39 PM.
20th February 2015, 02:48 AM   |  #254  
Thanks Meter: 131

1,136 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltwou

Try this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire...elper-t3020515

Sideload XBMC Launcher
The Following User Says Thank You to patt2k For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2015, 03:14 PM   |  #255  
Thanks Meter: 21

132 posts
Exclamation
Thanks to the Developer @Redth for this. I downloaded this application yesterday and was excited about the idea of getting hiding/ridding the Amz launcher, but after reading every post on this thread and unchecking the "Disable Home Detection", there still seems to be a few issues.

Here is what I noticed:
* The home button still took me to the Amz launcher. Sometimes when pressing the Home button I can visibly see the FiredTV launcher in the background behind the Amz launcher. I was able to make it go to the FiredTV launcher one time after it was idle for a little while.
* FiredTV Launcher settings was only accessible via the remote "Menu" button. I thought this button was supposed to be right-click
* Settings icon takes me to the Amz launcher but with a blank menu (nothing is present)
* It does indeed start on cold-boot
* I even tried installing FireTV Launcher Helper app and set FiredTV to it, and played with all possible options, but this did not do anything whatsoever.

Clearing cache and/or data for both apps did nothing, and uninstalling other launchers or any apps that effect buttons did nothing either. I did not yet try the Macrodroid or Llama routes yet, which one is preferred and more effective?

My Setup:
* Fire TV (not stick, though I also have a stick which I will be trying this out on tonight)
* Rooted w/ unlocked Bootloader, CWM, etc.
* NO Xposed (I don't want to install Xposed for the time being security-wise)
* Pre-rooted Stock ROM 51.1.4.1 (can't wait for non-Amz ROM!)
Last edited by E--Man; 25th February 2015 at 05:10 PM.
26th February 2015, 04:43 PM   |  #256  
Thanks Meter: 21

132 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E--Man

Thanks to the Developer @Redth for this. I downloaded this application yesterday and was excited about the idea of getting hiding/ridding the Amz launcher, but after reading every post on this thread and unchecking the "Disable Home Detection", there still seems to be a few issues.

Here is what I noticed:
* The home button still took me to the Amz launcher. Sometimes when pressing the Home button I can visibly see the FiredTV launcher in the background behind the Amz launcher. I was able to make it go to the FiredTV launcher one time after it was idle for a little while.
* FiredTV Launcher settings was only accessible via the remote "Menu" button. I thought this button was supposed to be right-click
* Settings icon takes me to the Amz launcher but with a blank menu (nothing is present)
* It does indeed start on cold-boot
* I even tried installing FireTV Launcher Helper app and set FiredTV to it, and played with all possible options, but this did not do anything whatsoever.

Clearing cache and/or data for both apps did nothing, and uninstalling other launchers or any apps that effect buttons did nothing either. I did not yet try the Macrodroid or Llama routes yet, which one is preferred and more effective?

My Setup:
* Fire TV (not stick, though I also have a stick which I will be trying this out on tonight)
* Rooted w/ unlocked Bootloader, CWM, etc.
* NO Xposed (I don't want to install Xposed for the time being security-wise)
* Pre-rooted Stock ROM 51.1.4.1 (can't wait for non-Amz ROM!)

Anyone?
Today, 11:04 PM   |  #257  
Thanks Meter: 19

118 posts
I just installed FiredTV on the stick. So far it's working great.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
firetv, home, launcher
Previous Thread Next Thread