Google’s Prank Roundup for April Fools 2015

Once again, we have arrived on the most magical of holidays – the annual … more

What is the Best Third-Party Camera App for Android?

When it comes to Camera apps, there are dozens of great options to choose … more

Google to Acquire XDA, Dev Rewards & Policy Changes

We are delighted to announce that starting on April 20th, a finalized deal with … more

Hi Locker to Help You With Lockscreen Headache

The lockscreen is a part of the OS that we see hundreds of times every day, whether … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Android Resize Resolution / Calibrate Screen Height & Position

23rd April 2014, 12:45 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Hello, i have the 1cm dead touchscreen zone in the top and bottom, not good for the android taskbar...

Can we recalibrate the resolution / screen parameter to reduce a little the screen height to fix the problem ??

Thank you.
Last edited by Pezik; 23rd April 2014 at 01:33 PM.
23rd April 2014, 09:57 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 24

193 posts
same problem here .. heeeelp
24th April 2014, 07:23 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 24

193 posts
yeeeeeeeeeeeee .. after month or more looking for solution and tried everything on web i finally found it broo
download from the play store NOmone resolution changer and use it
our default settings is 1024 768 160
u just change the first number i use 880 768 160
as i have 2 cm below of dead touchscreen :S
i hope this works for u
25th April 2014, 12:09 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by I7V

yeeeeeeeeeeeee .. after month or more looking for solution and tried everything on web i finally found it broo
download from the play store NOmone resolution changer and use it
our default settings is 1024 768 160
u just change the first number i use 880 768 160
as i have 2 cm below of dead touchscreen :S
i hope this works for u

Than You, i had no success with NOMONE Resolution Changer, impossible to install for me tough Play Store (not allowed in my country) and the multiple apk found on the net was not good, an error 'probleme with parsing installer' something like this.

I found "Resolution Changer Pro" who work very well, the perfect resolution for me is : 970 x 768.
7th January 2015, 12:23 PM |#5  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 4

53 posts
Donate to Me
More
Or even easier, use a simple adb debug shell command:

Code:
adb shell
wm overscan 0,300,0,400
For this to work, you must have adb installed on your pc/mac and usb-debugging activated on your android device.
The above command will shrink the useful screen area with 300px from top and 400px from bottom.
Feel free to experiment those parameters to find the best fit for your situation.
6th March 2015, 09:18 AM |#6  

2 posts
Hi guys! I start to thank you a lot for your suggestions but before making any disaster i should be really grateful if you could give me an help.
I need to resize the screen of my Nexus 7 (2013) in order to fit with the car-dash enclosure where i'm willing to install it.
The enclosure i bought was supposed to fit for the nexus display but regrettably whilst the latter is of abt 15.3cm wide x 9.5 cm "tall" (sorry for my english) the enclosure has a window of 15.3 cm wide but only 8.7 cm tall which would make impossible the access to the softkeys.
In view of the above and considering also that there is no space available to enlarge the window of the enclosure i thought and hoped it would have been easier to resize the screen.
Now the question is: considering that the measures reported are relevant to the device in landscape mode may i kidly ask you the command variables that i have to amend to cut off the 0.8 cm on the bottom side of the screen (again landscape mode).

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread