Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

[APP] adbFire 1.22 FireTV Companion Win/Mac/Linux

Yesterday, 04:31 PM   |  #701  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Kodi Restore
I was using adbFire version 1.18, and had backed up a full Kodi configuration (240MB). When I try to restore to a new Fire TV using the new version 1.22, I can see that all of the data is there, but Kodi is not showing any of the addons, and is acting as if it is a blank/fresh install. Do I need to restore using version 1.18? I will try, but I was wondering if this is a known issue that I need to be aware of for future releases. Thank you!

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrburke99

I was using adbFire version 1.18, and had backed up a full Kodi configuration (240MB). When I try to restore to a new Fire TV using the new version 1.22, I can see that all of the data is there, but Kodi is not showing any of the addons, and is acting as if it is a blank/fresh install. Do I need to restore using version 1.18? I will try, but I was wondering if this is a known issue that I need to be aware of for future releases. Thank you!

Here is what I see in the logs. It looks like there is a problem with parsing the destination correctly. It is placing the ".kodi" folder INSIDE the existing ".kodi" folder instead of placing the contents into it.

Code:
"./adb.exe" push "C:/Users/Jeremy/Desktop/Fire TV/FIRE Kodi 14.1 Backup 2-15-2015/files" /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi
push: C:/Users/Jeremy/Desktop/Fire TV/FIRE Kodi 14.1 Backup 2-15-2015/files/.kodi/addons/metadata.album.universal/resources/language/Afrikaans/strings.po -> /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/.kodi/addons/metadata.album.universal/resources/language/Afrikaans/strings.po

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Here is what I see in the logs. It looks like there is a problem with parsing the destination correctly. It is placing the ".kodi" folder INSIDE the existing ".kodi" folder instead of placing the contents into it.

Code:
"./adb.exe" push "C:/Users/Jeremy/Desktop/Fire TV/FIRE Kodi 14.1 Backup 2-15-2015/files" /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi
push: C:/Users/Jeremy/Desktop/Fire TV/FIRE Kodi 14.1 Backup 2-15-2015/files/.kodi/addons/metadata.album.universal/resources/language/Afrikaans/strings.po -> /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/.kodi/addons/metadata.album.universal/resources/language/Afrikaans/strings.po

I found that the way to make this work correctly is to choose the ".kodi" folder for restore. If I choose any higher folder, it does not work. This is counter-intuitive, since when you "Backup" Kodi, you choose a folder to save to, and then adbFire creates a "files" folder beneath that, and then saves the ".kodi" folder beneath THAT. Thanks for the great software! Hopefully this will help others...
Yesterday, 05:06 PM   |  #702  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala
Thanks Meter: 2,159

2,548 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I was using adbFire version 1.18, and had backed up a full Kodi configuration (240MB). When I try to restore to a new Fire TV using the new version 1.22, I can see that all of the data is there, but Kodi is not showing any of the addons, and is acting as if it is a blank/fresh install.

The backup format changed in 1.20 to resemble that of the Kodi Backup Addon.

Quote:

adbFire 1.20 changelog
<snip>
The adbFire Backup format is now similar to the format of the
Kodi Backup Addon.

You can update your older backup pretty easily. The new format requires that all of the folders under .kodi reside in the top level of the backup folder. With the older format, the container folder had the structure Backup Folder/.kodi/userdata,addons,etc. Simply move everything under .kodi up one level then delete the .kodi folder. So the new backup will be Backup Folder/userdata,addons,etc.
Today, 09:20 AM   |  #703  
Flag newcastle upon tyne
Thanks Meter: 11

343 posts
More
It might be out of topic on this thread..but i will ask anyways., is it possible to downgrade the firmware on my aftv,i just want to be able to gain root access??thanks in advance..would it affect performance etc...[emoji1]

Today, 09:47 AM   |  #704  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f4rell09

It might be out of topic on this thread..but i will ask anyways., is it possible to downgrade the firmware on my aftv,i just want to be able to gain root access??thanks in advance..would it affect performance etc...[emoji1]

Nope....
Today, 10:24 AM   |  #705  
Flag newcastle upon tyne
Thanks Meter: 11

343 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillylilwabbit

Nope....

[emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] sad news then..so hopefully somebody out would work out how to gain root on the latest firmwates hopefully..thanks.[emoji106] [emoji1] ..hopefully soon..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, android, firetv, xbmc
Previous Thread Next Thread