[TOOL] Task 29 (format internal Memory) without drivers, without mtty.

OP agent_47

19th March 2010, 06:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag GÖTEBORG
Thanks Meter: 15

4,020 posts
Donate to Me
More
i thought of re doing doloop's modd for TP2
and here it is fully tested to be working

now we can mtty our TP2 without having the need of MTTY and its drivers

INSTRUCTIONS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacTilt

Some of you are making this too difficult. I've posted this before, as this is all that needs to be done. Task29 does not remove your radio or your splash screen. It only clears the ROM, therefore, all you need to do is run Task29 and then flash your ROM. This is how I do it from the PC.

1. Connect to PC via Active Sync/WMDC.
  2. Execute Task 29.
  3. When phone boots to "Touch Pro 2" screen (or whatever your splash screen happens to be), I hold down the volume down button while hitting the reset button.
  4. Once I'm on the Bootloader screen, and it shows "USB", I flash the new ROM from the PC as I normally would.
  5. When the phone vibrates, indicating the ROM upgrade is complete, I disconnect the phone from the computer.

DOWNLOAD:
From here
http://valkyrie.htc-files.com/downlo...ium/task29.zip

CREDIT:
all credit goes to doloop for coming up with the idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by doloop

Hi,

I hex edited RomUpdateUtility.exe so it runs task 29 right after flashing ruu_signed.nbh

As every one understand this command format the rom,

Just unzip and run task29.exe . You may replace ruu_signed.nbh with the radio of your choice.

After the phone reset itself, your old rom will be gone, so it won't boot: binfs has been formated, your phone memory is clean.
You'll need to power up in bootloader mode (press vol down right after power key), then use the leocustomruu.exe provided with your favorite rom package, or flash it from memory card using standard procedure.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...08&postcount=1
Attached Files
File Type: zip task29.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.66 MB, 16383 views)
Last edited by DaveShaw; 22nd May 2011 at 11:06 PM.
19th March 2010, 06:50 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 34

1,013 posts
More
May I ask what this is used for?
19th March 2010, 07:02 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag GÖTEBORG

4,020 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by petard

May I ask what this is used for?

off course
when u flash a rom, you are copying files onto the internal memory (like duh!) but if u repeatadly flash different roms, sometimes files from older version stays behind as when u flash a rom, you just copy and sometimes overwrite files without deleting the older ones. hence at times these older files may create bugs\instability. hardrest donot always fix it.so we use MTTY

read this post to know what made me such a firm fan of mtty.http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=6085

but the thing is, mtty is and can be hard to use for new users. ... for me,, i was having the worst time installin the drivers needed to run mtty on win7 x64. so u i made this tool for me and for all
19th March 2010, 09:27 PM   |  #4  
Flag Right here
Thanks Meter: 57

358 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent_47

- run then ROMUpdateUtility.exe and wait for it to finish.....

Nice tool.
Is it possible to run this tool from mSD card, since my phone cannot connect to PC via USB?
20th March 2010, 09:12 AM   |  #5  
Retired Forum Moderator
Inside the XDA Server, I'm an AI
Thanks Meter: 72

877 posts
Donate to Me
More
bookmarked thanks Badwolve1
20th March 2010, 06:52 PM   |  #6  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 27

4,355 posts
More
Thanks for simplifying this process agent_47. One question, can we do a backup using spb, then use the tool, reflash a rom and restore the backup? Or does the backup cause those possibly bad or corrupt files to be copied back to the device? Just wondering if I can save some time of setting the rom back up
20th March 2010, 07:39 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag GÖTEBORG

4,020 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorbenKB

Nice tool.
Is it possible to run this tool from mSD card, since my phone cannot connect to PC via USB?

nope....that exe is a win32 app....our device is only a win CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwill

Thanks for simplifying this process agent_47. One question, can we do a backup using spb, then use the tool, reflash a rom and restore the backup? Or does the backup cause those possibly bad or corrupt files to be copied back to the device? Just wondering if I can save some time of setting the rom back up

u can, but i don do that. the max i do is backup some regs. with sooo may different form of wm6.5, i would sta y way from entire system back up....

but to answer ur question, spb backup wont through any bugs related to corrupt file/bad sectoring/mirror files
21st March 2010, 01:11 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

139 posts
How to flash new stock HTC ROM after Task 29?
Hey, just wondering how I would flash the new stock HTC rom after task 29, as it is just an exe file with no custom RUU?

Thanks!
21st March 2010, 01:13 AM   |  #9  
Senior Moderator
Flag North Texas
Thanks Meter: 2,611

3,518 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmicha

Hey, just wondering how I would flash the new stock HTC rom after task 29, as it is just an exe file with no custom RUU?

Thanks!

The EXE is probably just an archive. Open it with your favorite archiving app (7-zip, etc) and you will see the NBH
21st March 2010, 03:11 AM   |  #10  
Flag Ankeny, IA
Thanks Meter: 78

653 posts
Donate to Me
More
So I would assume you shouldn't have to hard reset after flashing a rom if you first perform this internal format, correct?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread