FORUMS

XeroAsh Theme for CM12

This theme by XDA Senior Member balrajs99 features a black and slate gray UI that gives your phone a … more

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more

Android’s Consistency and The User Experience

This is a site of power users, and it is fair to say that most of us are more … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Samsung galaxy note 2 - 4.4.2 ROM bluetooth does not work well!

28th December 2014, 05:54 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Solved after recent update
I just received a new update today of 60 Mb and both the GPS and bluetooth reception issues are resolved.

29th December 2014, 02:19 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitbedi

I just received a new update today of 60 Mb and both the GPS and bluetooth reception issues are resolved.

Any more details? Kernel version?

Is it possible for a screenshot? Have the same problem and i am looking for a solution
4th March 2015, 08:33 PM |#23  
Flag Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Would flashing a previous version of the modem have any effect? Or does that just affect the cellular and WiFi connections?

Edit: I'm having the same bluetooth issues, it's pretty unusable for me at the moment. I don't have any updates available in the OTA menu or in Kies, I've tried the contacts thing (no change), and I've done a hard reset. I haven't tried reflashing the stock image yet, I'm hoping a more convenient method will turn up, since I currently have all my apps and settings and whatnot all set up just right.

Edit 2: I actually did the hard rest first thing when I got it, then found out about the Bluetooth issue, that's why it's already set up with my stuff.

Edit 3: Forgot to mention it, but I'm on the latest 4.4.2 official.
Last edited by 5318008; 10th March 2015 at 01:28 AM.
5th March 2015, 03:45 AM |#24  
Flag Portland, OR

More
Update: I tried the j2 and mk6 modems but bluetooth was still really bad. It was a little better on j2 but not much. Bluetooth is just messed up somehow. Hope they fix it soon. I also installed the Bluetooth fix app from the store but it doesn't work on our phone.
6th March 2015, 11:21 PM |#25  
Flag Portland, OR

More
Just another update on what I've tried. Found a thread for another phone mentioning BT audio stuttering on KK, which was fixed by changing the governor to ondemand. I tried that on my Note 2 to no effect. I also tried disabling WiFi but no change. I did find out, though, that my audio isn't bad just on bluetooth - it's bad on wired headphones, sometimes, too. Hope Lollipop comes soon, or at least a KK patch. Streaming music to my car stereo over BT is one of the top three reasons I own a phone, and right now any time I try it, I hear more stutter than I do music. The phone seems great otherwise, but man, what a big bug this is.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread