FORUMS

3D Printable Mobile Microscope? Nexus 7 Discontinued – XDA TV

The Nexus 7 2013 has been discontinued on the Google Store! That and … more

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

How to manually upgrade/downgrade your Amazon FireTV

2nd March 2015, 07:09 PM |#131  
OP Senior Member
Flag Durban
Thanks Meter: 72

More
This guide I posted is well out of date, there are others methods to follow.

Please use http://www.aftvnews.com/tag/guide/ as is it up to date and current.

3rd March 2015, 02:21 AM |#132  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thanks for the quick response. I'll give that a try.
3rd March 2015, 03:38 AM |#133  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Chances are that if you need to downgrade the firmware, you also need to overwrite the recovery partition in order for it to work. Before you do the downgrade, follow the directions at the bottom of the guide to downgrade the stock 51.1.0 recovery partition.

BTW, I use the AFTV guide, but I also use the "Amazon FireTV Utility App" to automate a lot of the processes, like fully unlocking the bootloader, etc.
3rd March 2015, 06:03 PM |#134  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I tried again to downgrade and even tried to upgrade using the AFTVNews guide. The result is the same whether upgrading or downgrading. update.zip copies fine Fire TV reboots and stays on white Amazon Logo with yellow light on Fire TV. Probably something I am missing but not sure what. I have rooted and installed custom recovery, unlocked bootloader on other Fire TV so I have a pretty good idea what I'm doing, just not sure what I'm missing on the downgrade
3rd March 2015, 09:10 PM |#135  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
51.1.4.0_514006420 back to root??
I had my firetv rooted and everything. Have the updates also switched off.

But then i updated it manually to 51.1.4.0_514006420 version and lost the root.. I can see supersu and towelroot installed but it does not have the option of running.

Experts - Is there a possibility i can go back to the rootable version of sw? What would that version be?
3rd March 2015, 11:19 PM |#136  

More
Super SU doesn't open. That's normal. Just do an adb shell and test you have root.
3rd March 2015, 11:48 PM |#137  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzlechest

Super SU doesn't open. That's normal. Just do an adb shell and test you have root.

usually superSU shows 'Launch Application'.. which is no longer being shown. its shows as an application but no launch

i connected to FTV and it shows following on command prompt:
C:\FTV>adb connect 192.168.1.3
connected to 192.168.1.3:5555

C:\FTV>adb shell su
root@android:/ #

Does this mean its rooted?
4th March 2015, 02:28 AM |#138  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saudagar

usually superSU shows 'Launch Application'.. which is no longer being shown. its shows as an application but no launch

That's normal. I think it's how the newer SuperSU behaves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saudagar

i connected to FTV and it shows following on command prompt:
C:\FTV>adb connect 192.168.1.3
connected to 192.168.1.3:5555

C:\FTV>adb shell su
root@android:/ #

Does this mean its rooted?

Yes. If you unlocked the bootloader fully, then even "adb shell" would result in root@android.
6th March 2015, 10:28 PM |#139  
Flag newcastle upon tyne
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Somebody said on other thread ..its not possible to downgrade firmware on fire tv..is that true...??anyone pls...[emoji106] thanks
Last edited by f4rell09; 7th March 2015 at 12:17 PM.
7th March 2015, 06:30 AM |#140  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
No, it cannot be currently rooted. For ref see; http://www.aftvnews.com/start/ There is a thread of hardware rooting if you are good with soldering/wiring.

Also, it might not be a good idea to put the serial number (and your amazon account name/device name) of your FTV publicly. You should take down the picture.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread