Hi guys, first all, sorry my English. My name is Jesus and I have a Raspberry for several months. It has passed for many stages (multimedia center, retro games center, etc.). Now, it's my experiments center .
I would like to present you an Android application that took weeks to develop (and many months in my mind to develop :P). I called it RaspControl and, simply, connects your phone to your Pi, via SSH, for remote control.
RaspControl sets connection with your Raspberry, via SSH, anywhere. If you Raspberry has external conection, you can control it outside (obviously )
RaspControl has three sections: Status, Explorer and Terminal
- Get your Raspberry's information, for example, running processes, available memory, network status, temperature, etc.
- Allows restart and shutdown your Raspberry remotely.
- Allows mount and dismount drives and filesystems remotely.
- RaspControl includes a simple file explorer, in order to send and receive files local and remotely.
- Allows copy, cut, paste and delete folders and files from your smartphone.
- Allows send folders and files from your smartphone to your Raspberry.
- Allows copy, cut, paste and delete folders and files from your Raspberry remotely.
- Allows receive folders and files from your Raspberry to your smartphone.
- Allows download files to your Raspberry, setting the download link.
- RaspControl includes a simple console terminal, where you can have a full control for your Raspberry anywhere.
- It has a commands used history (up to 100 commands).
- To navigate through the command history, you can use volume keys, from your smartphone.
- NEW!: Now, you can clear your command history
- NEW!: Now, you can create custom commands and use it in Terminal!
- English (by default)
Nothing more at this moment, but, I would like add more sections/functions in future to improve the app. I have some ideas (for example, a XBMC remote control) but I have to think it well; first, if can be do it; second, if I can do it and, finally, if it's useful.
Requirementsto work correctly:
RaspControl needs the following to work correctly:
- A SSH server: Most Raspberry's distributions has a SSH server installed. Otherwise, you can install the openssh package.
- To show bandwith correctly, it's neccesary have installed the ifstat package.
A last point:
This app was designed to use on Raspberrys, but, "accidentally", you can use it on any Linux distribution, provided you have a SSH server installed (is the app's core to work :P). I've tested with a pair of VM, a Arch distro and a Mint distro, and works without problems.
And, well, surely the app could have some errors to fix (many people have not tried), so, any comment is appreciated (assume ). For example, at this moment, I can say that connection sometimes is slow, all depends the network quality and smartphone, but, additionally, it has an extra time to SSH connection (compression data, validation, etc.). So, if you change section, while RaspControl is connecting to Raspberry, sometimes app could FC (force close). I've improved and optimized some code and I tought that I fixed it... but sometimes could FC . So I'm trying to fix this to make it more stable, also, I would like to improve it for tablets. It is not ugly, but not pretty :P
I hope you find it useful and you like it. Please, be not cruel :P, it's my second "formal" Android app and I'm still in the learning stage . I am currently looking for a job and I'm doing this to improve professionally (and improve my resume too :P).
Finally, here you are!:
Google Play download link
RaspManager, App for all devices (see above for details)
Current Stable Version: 1.5
Stable Release Date: 2014-06-25
Last Updated 2015-03-07