FORUMS

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

I/O Summary: Google Photos App

At I/O 2015, Google tackled the information problem in mobile once more, this time through … more

I/O Summary: Development, Play Store, The Next Billion

VP of Engineering Jen Fitzpatrick began talking about what Google is doing to … more

I/O Summary: Google Now on Tap

Google is all about organizing the world’s information to make it universally useful, and these … more

[Q] Camera buzz focus issue --- Motorcycle, Bicycle, Active Users

Thanks Meter: 17

By cyko, Member on 3rd June 2014, 10:22 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
7th July 2014, 06:22 PM |#11  
Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 809

More
Brought my phone into Verizon, today. They are overnighting me a new phone, and you can bet the first thing I'm going to do, is go for a bike ride.

16th July 2014, 03:27 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Anyone get their phone "repaired" by HTC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
19th July 2014, 04:10 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Same problem here

I put my One M8 on the stem of my handlebars on my road bike

just started happening after a few hundred miles of riding

Yesterday the camera briefly fixed itself for one picture, then immediately started buzzing again
25th August 2014, 04:32 PM |#14  

More
Road bike vibration
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerkoPCS

Same problem here

I put my One M8 on the stem of my handlebars on my road bike

just started happening after a few hundred miles of riding

Yesterday the camera briefly fixed itself for one picture, then immediately started buzzing again

Same issue. Mounted on road bike. Seems to be a common problem.
23rd September 2014, 10:40 PM |#15  
Flag Diamond Bar
Thanks Meter: 11

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs down
Ugh, I have the same damn problem - lots of riding on my motorcycle. Will bring it in today for a replacement, but now I'm considering moving away from this phone as I don't have time to keep S-OFF'ing, etc. every time the hardware craps out :|
24th September 2014, 08:00 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 362

More
Just got my M8 2 days ago, Is this affecting a certain variant or all M8's

I don't ride or anything however, it's good to know that the camera module is fragile.
Does anyone know who makes the M8's camera modules?

Maybe informing HTC about this enough will get them to do RMA's to swap the module just like the M7 pink/purple thing delima
28th September 2014, 03:29 PM |#17  

More
Same issue. Mounted on my motocycle and after first ride ... camera buzzing ...
2nd October 2014, 07:59 PM |#18  

More
I just started having the same issue and I dont even ride.....
7th March 2015, 10:28 PM |#19  
Flag Greensboro, NC
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Attempted Fix/Thread Revive
I have the same problem as all of you, hopefully we can revive this thread and fix our phones! I messed around with the camera when buzzing and as noted in this thread, it seems that part of the rear camera is messed up, in fact, one can hear rattling when shaking the phone. I found that applying pressure to the rear camera, though of course not recommended, stops the vibrating and allows the camera to work (sometimes). Applying Pressure to the duo camera does not fix the problem and custom roms, cm based that don't use the extra sensor, still have the problem. Thus the common variable is the rear camera (I hope ). So, I eliminated the duo camera extra sensor as a reason for the failure. Its bound to be either:
1. the glue holding down the rear camera has lost its grip to to drops and or vibration from motorcycle rides or,
2. constant vibration, dropping, etc, has caused part of the camera module to malfunction.
With these two theories, I have decided to buy an oem rear camera module off ebay, and I will install it into my phone. The problem is either the camera or ruined glue, so, considering that the camera module comes with a sticky surface for installation, this fix should theoretically solve the problem, assuming its as simple as I imagine.
I will post some screenshots and results after the camera replacement, which will take place March 14-15, March 21-22, or March 28-29. I can't make any promises because I have no idea when my ebay order will come in. The camera module itself is scheduled to arrive within a few days, but the replacement camera lens (I broke mine while tinkering around) is scheduled to arrive from Hong Kong in who knows how long.

I hope most of you were able to get replacements from Verizon or HTC. Alas I have some physical wear and tear along with custom software on my phone that makes me skeptical about going to either, so that is not an option. For those with broken cameras, I hope I can help you, and if anybody else has attempted this, I would be glad to hear your results.
8th March 2015, 10:55 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Lightbulb how to fix camera buzz sound
in the name of allah
first of all i 'm sorry 4 my english.
the problem is sometimes when the htc M8 falls or be on motocycle or any things which moving up & down or vibrate ......... the rear camera (4 ultra pixel)became blurry & a buzz sound appears when the camera is on .so i fix my M8 which have the same problem but unfotunetly you will have to open the M8 for fix it but it's very easy.
1-open the M8 cover (search in google)
2-remove the camera cover (very easy)
attch 1
3-put some piece of tape like in the image (red color =tape piece)
attach 2
4-finally its very important test the camera focus take some photoes
when the buzz sound disappears, the camera clear & focus work fine cover the camera & close the M8
until now my M8 camera work fine is like new
thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	3199918   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	3199923   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpeg
Views:	188
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	3199924  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fares-milev For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bicycle, buzz, camera, motorcycle, vibration
Previous Thread Next Thread