FORUMS

Google Teaches You to Use Wear Gestures

Now that the Watch Urbane is out with the latest firmware, we have new information regarding the … more

Samsung Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850) Gets Android 5.0

An Android 5.0 Lollipop update is finally available to download for the Samsung Galaxy … more

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more

LG G4 XDA Forum Opened

LG’s latest & greatest is just a few hours away from launching, and with so many power users that are … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Nook HD/HD+] EMMC CM11 install - updated 11/29

10th February 2015, 02:29 AM |#2191  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I keep checking the CM Download page... Does anyone here know if Ovation will get Official CM12 builds?

10th February 2015, 03:00 AM |#2192  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,784

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutronjeff

I keep checking the CM Download page... Does anyone here know if Ovation will get Official CM12 builds?

Check hashcode's CM12 thread, there might be some news there. If it has one, hashcode will be the developer.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2015, 03:07 AM |#2193  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

Check hashcode's CM12 thread, there might be some news there. If it has one, hashcode will be the developer.

I've been rolling his CM12 for a while now and it's great. I just keep seeing those CM11 Nightlys and asking, why?
10th February 2015, 03:17 AM |#2194  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I've been rolling his CM12 for a while now and it's great. I just keep seeing those CM11 Nightlys and asking, why?

Why what? Why hasn't he taken it official? That is a lot of work and he has told us he has a heavy load right now at his job.

10th February 2015, 03:34 AM |#2195  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

Why what? Why hasn't he taken it official? That is a lot of work and he has told us he has a heavy load right now at his job.

No, I totally get that. And I have loads of appreciation for the Super Devs like @Hashcode who make this stuff here and give it to us FREE. I don't know what it takes or the decision process to make a device officially supported on CM. As you said, I'm sure it is a load of work.
10th February 2015, 03:50 AM |#2196  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

No, I totally get that. And I have loads of appreciation for the Super Devs like @Hashcode who make this stuff here and give it to us FREE. I don't know what it takes or the decision process to make a device officially supported on CM. As you said, I'm sure it is a load of work.

The way it works is a dedicated dev who is a member of the CM team (which hashcode is) must agree to sponsor the development for a specific device. Once someone volunteers and the leaders of the team agree, it moves to official. It won't happen until those conditions are met. (BTW, he and verygreen are the devs for CM11 on the HD/HD+) .

Last edited by leapinlar; 10th February 2015 at 03:55 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2015, 02:45 PM |#2197  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Ever since installing M12 my Nook HD+ has been running like treacle. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm even running at 1440x900 using the resolution changer, but I'm sure it was never this slow.

EDIT: I've dirty flashed to the unofficial CM12. Apart from a few apps needing to be reinstalled, it works just fine and is much smoother than CM11 - hope it lasts!
Last edited by Tonto87; 10th February 2015 at 09:39 PM.
16th February 2015, 05:02 PM |#2198  

More
Build kernel
Hello,

I am running the following image mentioned on the first page of the thread:
http://nook.rootshell.ru/hd/cm-11-20...ion-sdcard.zip
Does anybody know where to download the source of the kernel and the .config inside this image? I just want to add some moduls and don't want to build the whole cm image. I know how to build a kernel but I don't know much about building Android and it is just not necessary to do this in my case.

Thanks!
9th March 2015, 03:01 PM |#2199  

More
Won't connec t to pc
I have two HD+s:

The first was running CM11 M11 and now CM12 and has always connected without trouble to my PC for file transfers etc.

The second I have recently updated to CM11 M12 (in case CM12 failed on the first machine) and will not connect no matter how I change the settings. Is there a problem with that particular build (as in all other respects) it works fine..?

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere as 200-odd pages is a lot to look through.

Any help gratefully received - as I am concerned at the longevity of the external SD card having to keep removing it to transfer files.
9th March 2015, 03:41 PM |#2200  
Thanks Meter: 359

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucaToo

I have two HD+s:

The first was running CM11 M11 and now CM12 and has always connected without trouble to my PC for file transfers etc.

The second I have recently updated to CM11 M12 (in case CM12 failed on the first machine) and will not connect no matter how I change the settings. Is there a problem with that particular build (as in all other respects) it works fine..?

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere as 200-odd pages is a lot to look through.

Any help gratefully received - as I am concerned at the longevity of the external SD card having to keep removing it to transfer files.

I can't help on that, but you can use search function to find what you're looking for. I searched for "USB" keyword and found many results, all regarding your issue.

You can use an app called Airdroid to file transfer via wifi. There are others, but I always use air droid.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm11
Previous Thread Next Thread