Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

htc one m8 middle east users

1st June 2014, 07:51 PM |#31  
mathrania's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dubai / Surat
Thanks Meter: 595
 
2,039 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzz

Using the usual guide. Also from what I understand all GSM versions of the M8 can be S-Off'd (at least that is what I remember reading somewhere).

-Unlocked boot loader using htcdev
-Installed recovery
-Flashed root
-Firewater for S-Off

Nothing different.

Also just removed the red text on boot using this.

Worked like a charm. Though you have to make sure you are on 1.54.401.10 to begin with. (Only to remove the red text. Not the unlocking / rooting / recovery / s-off part)

Cheers.

If S Off, can we make the bootloader status to LOCKED?? ,

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
1st June 2014, 11:17 PM |#32  
huzz's Avatar
Senior Member
AlAin
Thanks Meter: 66
 
417 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathrania

If S Off, can we make the bootloader status to LOCKED?? ,

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You can make the text show that. Fake it is the proper way to explain it. In the my earlier post the link has both the hboot's for removing it entirely and for setting a fake locked and S-ON.

Cheers.
The Following User Says Thank You to huzz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2014, 04:56 AM |#33  
mathrania's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dubai / Surat
Thanks Meter: 595
 
2,039 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzz

You can make the text show that. Fake it is the proper way to explain it. In the my earlier post the link has both the hboot's for removing it entirely and for setting a fake locked and S-ON.

Cheers.

Thanks...
But is there a way to root my phone, flash a rom.... All this without using htc dev services?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
2nd June 2014, 06:11 AM |#34  
huzz's Avatar
Senior Member
AlAin
Thanks Meter: 66
 
417 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathrania

Thanks...
But is there a way to root my phone, flash a rom.... All this without using htc dev services?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I am not sure but perhaps using the All-in-one apps you could possibly root without unlocking the boot loader. Then again its just a guess.

Cheers.
2nd June 2014, 07:39 AM |#35  
mathrania's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dubai / Surat
Thanks Meter: 595
 
2,039 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzz

I am not sure but perhaps using the All-in-one apps you could possibly root without unlocking the boot loader. Then again its just a guess.

Cheers.

What do u think about it :
http://firewater-soff.com/instructions/

Would it work that way?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
2nd June 2014, 08:34 PM |#36  
Ather's Avatar
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag East Riffa
Thanks Meter: 139
 
3,585 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2007
More
i bought this cover today from Valencia computers near lulu riffa for 2 bd, was originally for 3 bd but he bargained

http://imgur.com/ajp7utj
http://imgur.com/BrKiLEa
http://imgur.com/5dKYTXB
14th February 2015, 06:15 PM |#37  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2015
Lightbulb M8 android update
Can someone tell me when I get Lollipop update for my m8 dual sim phone in Saudi Arabia.
Nothing is available on website and it is only in Arabic.
9th March 2015, 12:44 PM |#38  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
107 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salm8

Can someone tell me when I get Lollipop update for my m8 dual sim phone in Saudi Arabia.
Nothing is available on website and it is only in Arabic.

If the dual sim phone uses the same firmware as the normal one you should have got an update already, but if you really want to know post a fastboot getvar all so we can know which version you have (please remove your IMEI and serial number) from there we can see whats available for your phone.
9th March 2015, 08:15 PM |#39  
Phencyclidine's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 59
 
209 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Dual SIM phones update will start in last week of March

If my response help you press Thanks button

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab.riyami

If the dual sim phone uses the same firmware as the normal one you should have got an update already, but if you really want to know post a fastboot getvar all so we can know which version you have (please remove your IMEI and serial number) from there we can see whats available for your phone.

It's not the same dual SIM phones have totally different system and I have information from HTC about update ds version of M8

If my response help you press Thanks button

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes