FORUMS

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

[KERNEL][SPR][4.4.3] ★☆ Kangaroo Kernel ☆★ 04 OCT | v068

Thanks Meter: 12,643
 
By poondog, Recognized Contributor on 31st May 2014, 06:36 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Announcement from poondog: v068 is out in post #530!
8th March 2015, 05:25 PM |#591  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Sign
Although it would be cool to start using the latest lollipop rom; I doubt that I will be able to get the improved battery life and overall smoothness/efficiency that poondogs rom offers for KitKat. Bar None, wouldn't you all agree??

Has anyone compared the battery life between KitKat rom running with Kangaroo Kernel and Lollipop with the stock/non-stock kernel?
 
 
8th March 2015, 06:52 PM |#592  
lerenturk's Avatar
Member
Flag Denizli
Thanks Meter: 25
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidkrocks

Although it would be cool to start using the latest lollipop rom; I doubt that I will be able to get the improved battery life and overall smoothness/efficiency that poondogs rom offers for KitKat. Bar None, wouldn't you all agree??

Has anyone compared the battery life between KitKat rom running with Kangaroo Kernel and Lollipop with the stock/non-stock kernel?

Battery hasn't been worsened for me. In terms of benchmarking I was getting around 29k on Antutu back then and now I'm getting 33k. But all in all the most thing I miss on kitkat is this kernel.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lerenturk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2015, 01:20 AM |#593  
poondog's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 12,643
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lerenturk

Battery hasn't been worsened for me. In terms of benchmarking I was getting around 29k on Antutu back then and now I'm getting 33k. But all in all the most thing I miss on kitkat is this kernel.

Lollipop has some improvements including new GPU drivers, ART, and many ram enhancements

That's why
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poondog For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2015, 01:36 PM |#594  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
(I am probably sure that I'm not the only one wondering, sorry for being "that guy" poondog) do you have any plans to continue supporting the Sprint HTC one?
10th March 2015, 01:44 PM |#595  
poondog's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 12,643
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidkrocks

(I am probably sure that I'm not the only one wondering, sorry for being "that guy" poondog) do you have any plans to continue supporting the Sprint HTC one?

Not really It took up too much time and I don't have as much anymore
The Following User Says Thank You to poondog For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes