Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more

What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more

New Cyanogen Partnerships Bring Privacy Concerns

New Privacy concerns have emerged regarding Cyanogen’s latest announcements, … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[KERNEL][SPR][4.4.3] ★☆ Kangaroo Kernel ☆★ 04 OCT | v068

Announcement from poondog: v068 is out in post #530!
8th March 2015, 05:25 PM |#591  
Thanks Meter: 8

66 posts
More
Sign
Although it would be cool to start using the latest lollipop rom; I doubt that I will be able to get the improved battery life and overall smoothness/efficiency that poondogs rom offers for KitKat. Bar None, wouldn't you all agree??

Has anyone compared the battery life between KitKat rom running with Kangaroo Kernel and Lollipop with the stock/non-stock kernel?

8th March 2015, 06:52 PM |#592  
Flag Denizli
Thanks Meter: 25

82 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidkrocks

Although it would be cool to start using the latest lollipop rom; I doubt that I will be able to get the improved battery life and overall smoothness/efficiency that poondogs rom offers for KitKat. Bar None, wouldn't you all agree??

Has anyone compared the battery life between KitKat rom running with Kangaroo Kernel and Lollipop with the stock/non-stock kernel?

Battery hasn't been worsened for me. In terms of benchmarking I was getting around 29k on Antutu back then and now I'm getting 33k. But all in all the most thing I miss on kitkat is this kernel.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lerenturk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2015, 01:20 AM |#593  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 12,568

14,620 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lerenturk

Battery hasn't been worsened for me. In terms of benchmarking I was getting around 29k on Antutu back then and now I'm getting 33k. But all in all the most thing I miss on kitkat is this kernel.

Lollipop has some improvements including new GPU drivers, ART, and many ram enhancements

That's why
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poondog For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2015, 01:36 PM |#594  
Thanks Meter: 8

66 posts
More
(I am probably sure that I'm not the only one wondering, sorry for being "that guy" poondog) do you have any plans to continue supporting the Sprint HTC one?
10th March 2015, 01:44 PM |#595  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 12,568

14,620 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidkrocks

(I am probably sure that I'm not the only one wondering, sorry for being "that guy" poondog) do you have any plans to continue supporting the Sprint HTC one?

Not really It took up too much time and I don't have as much anymore
The Following User Says Thank You to poondog For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread