FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Stock AT&T Recovery

30th January 2015, 07:12 PM |#51  
redpoint73's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,855
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikusha04

I'm done with recovery trying to install RUU downloaded from HTC site , but gives me error ERROR [155] THE ROM Update utility cannot update your Android phone. Please get the correct ROM update Utility and try again. Phone is unlocked now should i relock it ?

Yes, the bootloader needs to be relocked to run RUU (unless you have s-off).

You have the AT&T variant, right? What is your hboot number?

As long as you have the AT&T version, and yourhboot number is 3.16, the 1.58.502 RUU is the right one.
 
 
5th February 2015, 07:27 PM |#52  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

Yes, the bootloader needs to be relocked to run RUU (unless you have s-off).

You have the AT&T variant, right? What is your hboot number?

As long as you have the AT&T version, and yourhboot number is 3.16, the 1.58.502 RUU is the right one.

I run into the same issue. I'm on 4.4.3 Insert Coin rom S-ON unlocked.

ATT 4.4.4 RUU by im2c0ol, on Flickr

ATT 4.4.4 RUU by im2c0ol, on Flickr

ATT 4.4.4 RUU by im2c0ol, on Flickr

ATT 4.4.4 RUU by im2c0ol, on Flickr

*** TAMPERED ***
*** UNLOCKED ***
M8_UL_CA PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-3.16.0.0000
RADIO-1.16.21331931.LA11G
OpenDSP-v38.2.2-00542-M8974.0311
OS-
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Apr 18 2014,16:06:33.0
Security fail!
RUU


Any help appreciated.
6th February 2015, 05:43 AM |#53  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark2099

Here ya go. Flash it from fastboot just like you would a custom recovery. From the 1.58.502.1 base.

http://d-h.st/9RO

Thank you, take a while to find this.
9th February 2015, 04:32 PM |#54  
redpoint73's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,855
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by im2c0ol

I run into the same issue. I'm on 4.4.3 Insert Coin rom S-ON unlocked.

And therefore the same solution. Did you bother to read and understand my post your quoted?

Since you are s-on, you absolutely need to relock the bootloader to run the RUU.
26th February 2015, 10:10 PM |#55  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Hi All,

Phone is unlocked, s-off. Installed recovery, everything went through smooth, but it seems nothing happened. I couldn't see the red exclamation. Should it pop out right when I typed " fastboot erase cache " or do I have to restart the phone. I did restart the phone and nothing.... Any help? thanks...
2nd March 2015, 03:29 PM |#56  
redpoint73's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,855
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhebi

Hi All,

Phone is unlocked, s-off. Installed recovery, everything went through smooth, but it seems nothing happened. I couldn't see the red exclamation. Should it pop out right when I typed " fastboot erase cache " or do I have to restart the phone. I did restart the phone and nothing.... Any help? thanks...

Maybe I'm confused by your description. But my interpretation is that zll you did was "fastboot erase cache"? After that, you need to flash stock firmware with command:

fastboot flash recovery filename.img

(replace "filename" with the actual name of img that you want to flash).
10th March 2015, 08:12 PM |#57  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

Maybe I'm confused by your description. But my interpretation is that zll you did was "fastboot erase cache"? After that, you need to flash stock firmware with command:

fastboot flash recovery filename.img

(replace "filename" with the actual name of img that you want to flash).

Hi, never mind....I figure it out. Thanks
10th March 2015, 08:52 PM |#58  
redpoint73's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,855
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhebi

Hi, never mind....I figure it out. Thanks

Since somebody took the time to try to help you; its courtesy to post the solution that worked for you. And other users with a similar issue may benefit.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes