XDA Android App - Problems / Bugs / Feature Requests etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
N

NOOK!E

@Darth, @ΠΣΘ, and @NotATreoFan,

I have done it - I signed into the XDA App! :p

After thinking for a few days, I remembered that you can use character references (a.k.a the &#number; notation) to type any Unicode character in existence into most app text boxes. Using my theory, I typed the text [see attached .txt] into the username box of the XDA App, typed in my password, and viola - I was signed in.

So, for example, if ΠΣΘ needed to sign into the XDA App and he couldn't type or paste his username, he could just type [see attached .txt] and he'd be good to go.

What do you guys think of that?

Attachments

• character_refs.txt
    67 bytes · Views: 14
Last edited:

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
@Darth, @ΠΣΘ, and @NotATreoFan,

I have done it - I signed into the XDA App! :p

After thinking for a few days, I remembered that you can use character references (a.k.a the &#number; notation) to type any Unicode character in existence into most app text boxes. Using my theory, I typed the text [see attached .txt] into the username box of the XDA App, typed in my password, and viola - I was signed in.

So, for example, if ΠΣΘ needed to sign into the XDA App and he couldn't type or paste his username, he could just type [see attached .txt] and he'd be good to go.

What do you guys think of that?
I think you have too much time on your hands. :p

But this is good for the future.

IODroids

Sep 30, 2014
Mumbai
How can I only get a list of subscribed topics in XDA Mobile application?

I participated in many threads don't want to get updated version of all on my list.

Not sure if that option exist easily without going to my profile etc.
Please reply with Quote.

D

Darth

How can I only get a list of subscribed topics in XDA Mobile application?

I participated in many threads don't want to get updated version of all on my list.

Not sure if that option exist easily without going to my profile etc.
Please reply with Quote.
You are automatically subscribed when you post in a thread. That's just how it works, on the website and mobile apps. You would need to un-subscribe to the thread to have it not show up in your subscribed list anymore.

You can do this from the apps or a browser. In the apps, just long press the thread from your subscription list, and choose un-subscribe. ?

IODroids

Sep 30, 2014
Mumbai
You are automatically subscribed when you post in a thread. That's just how it works, on the website and mobile apps. You would need to un-subscribe to the thread to have it not show up in your subscribed list anymore.

You can do this from the apps or a browser. In the apps, just long press the thread from your subscription list, and choose un-subscribe. ?

Hi there thank you for your reply.
But participated and subscribed have a difference, I want to only see subscribed topics and not all participated.
Hope I am able to make you understand?

Example : many threads in off topic forums where I replied but did not subscribed too.

D

Darth

Hi there thank you for your reply.
But participated and subscribed have a difference, I want to only see subscribed topics and not all participated.
Hope I am able to make you understand?
Yes they are different. Participated section will show every thread you've ever posted in. There is nothing you can do about that, on mobile or browsers.

The subscribed section you can control, by subscribing to threads, or just posting in that thread and it will auto subscribe. And you can un-subscribe to threads you don't want to follow anymore.

There's 2 separate sections for each in the apps. The subscribed section you can control... By un-subscribing to anything you want to leave the list.

I'm sorry, but other than that... Perhaps I'm not understanding?

IODroids

Sep 30, 2014
Mumbai
Can we hide the thanks given in a topic on Mobile app. As it takes lot of resources {or remove linked url from profiled} or hide the same behind a spoiler?

Some threads take lot of time to load.

OfficerJimLahey

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 12, 2014
Sunnyvale
www.chebucto.ns.ca
Yes they are different. Participated section will show every thread you've ever posted in. There is nothing you can do about that, on mobile or browsers.

The subscribed section you can control, by subscribing to threads, or just posting in that thread and it will auto subscribe. And you can un-subscribe to threads you don't want to follow anymore.

There's 2 separate sections for each in the apps. The subscribed section you can control... By un-subscribing to anything you want to leave the list.

I'm sorry, but other than that... Perhaps I'm not understanding?

I used to use the Participated tab for the "low-interest" stuff, but since the last time this conversation came up I used the participated tab less by subscribing to those threads, with lesser-tended-to stuff placed into it's own folder.

Ideally I want them all (subscribed threads) to show on my subscribed tab(s), but not receive push notifications for them all (as my phone has been too busy with active threads I only glance at and I've since resorted to turning off notifications altogether).

My suggestion is this: is there a way to exclude a folder (or allow/block certain folders) of subscribed threads from push notifications via the XDA app? Such a feature would allow me to stop using Participated altogether.

Thank you.

IODroids

Sep 30, 2014
Mumbai
I used to use the Participated tab for the "low-interest" stuff, but since the last time this conversation came up I used the participated tab less by subscribing to those threads, with lesser-tended-to stuff placed into it's own folder.

Ideally I want them all (subscribed threads) to show on my subscribed tab(s), but not receive push notifications for them all (as my phone has been too busy with active threads I only glance at and I've since resorted to turning off notifications altogether).

My suggestion is this: is there a way to exclude a folder (or allow/block certain folders) of subscribed threads from push notifications via the XDA app? Such a feature would allow me to stop using Participated altogether.

Thank you.

Unread + All + Participated as required
But give this another add on = Subscribed threads or Interesting threads or xyz. And I only want to list same everytime I login to application. I participate in 10000s of threads I don't care about. But subscribed topics is very Is very important for me when I browse XDA.
Just a step to better app.
If still confused let me know.
Above poster explained well.

Last edited:
Reactions: OfficerJimLahey
D

Darth

Thank you.

Unread + All + Participated as required
But give this another add on = Subscribed threads or Interesting threads or xyz. And I only want to list same everytime I login to application. I participate in 10000s of threads I don't care about. But subscribed topics is very Is very important for me when I browse XDA.
Just a step to better app.
If still confused let me know.
Above poster explained well.
Not a current feature as you know, but this thread is read by Admin, so it's noted.

Not sure if such a thing will happen, but nothing wrong with ideas/suggestions.

?

Naxil

Apr 20, 2014
Can you elaborate? Not sure what you mean. [emoji4]

On web version exist a section called "download" for download ROM tools ecc. Especial on device section. Dev not post directly file link but only a PIC , that picture explain where user need to click ( downlo ad bottom)

D

Darth

On web version exist a section called "download" for download ROM tools ecc. Especial on device section. Dev not post directly file link but only a PIC , that picture explain where user need to click ( downlo ad bottom)

I believe you are referring to DevDB threads. Those features don't integrate with the apps. The apps are just for mobile convenience and don't have all the features/options of pc browsers on the full Web page.

And not all Development threads are DevDB threads either. It's up to the rom poster how they setup their threads. We can't do anything about that. It's their choice.

Hope that all makes sense. :)

bdithug

Mar 26, 2012
Burlington
LG G8
Sony Xperia 1 IV
Every time I load the XDA app (both free and or premium) I get the error message "failed to connect to forum, contact administrator" or something to that effect. Why is that? And why does this exist on a premium paid app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Although I'm nothing todo with the XDA Android Tapa-talk based app - I thought it was about time we had a single thread for all discussions making it easier for the powers that be to monitor and give feedback via.

Feel free to ask questions about it's use and report any faults you find. You can also ask for new features, but I cannot promise they will ever be delivered.

N.B. The mods will be merging questions about the app into here from the "About" forum also.

So, have at it...

[Insert witty picture here]

Dave
    As mentioned by others, XDA are working on there own mobile app (getting away from Crapatalk) as well as a mobile version of XDA. These are probably higher up the priority list right now, but an update to the existing XDA app will be coming out soon
    Just a bit of a status update:

We had a meeting with Tapatalk last week and are preparing an update for the app that will fix the freezes and also give multiple choices for themes.

--------------------
    Sent from the my rooted Galaxy S III using Verizon's fast LTE network.
    I'm currently rebuilding the search index which knocks the "Participated threads" tab offline in the app. It will be back as soon as the reindex is done.
    XDA/Tapatalk apps are down atm. Server admin working on fixing this asap

You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think! XDA, mobile wisdom, not a n00b feeding ground!!