FORUMS

XPrivacy for Android Lollipop – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Have you ever been on the Google Play Store and saw an app that you wanted to … more

How a HTC Droid Eris Changed a Members Life

Rarely can a member say that Android development or XDA had a profound effect on … more

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Towelroot

28th February 2015, 07:25 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapesBlue

You can only flash safestrap as a recovery, your options are very limited with roms. The only roms available are bootloader locked roms

Sent from my Nexus 5

thanks so much. just the information I was seeking.
gonna safestrap, install a basic rom and get to it!

Is there any way to shut down all telephony stuff and sim card alerts?
Last edited by idivorceyou; 28th February 2015 at 07:33 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to idivorceyou For This Useful Post: [ View ]

28th February 2015, 07:36 PM |#112  
Thanks Meter: 1,088

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by idivorceyou

thanks so much. just the information I was seeking.
gonna safestrap, install a basic rom and get to it!

Is there any way to shut down all telephony stuff and sim card alerts?

Sure there is. I am nearly sure there is an xposed module for the sim card issue and just use something like titanium backup to freeze unneeded apps

Sent from my Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to ShapesBlue For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2015, 10:31 PM |#113  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
stock sch-l535 kitkat never been rooted
So i want to mod my girl friends s 3. My phone is a zte max phablet 4.4.2 deodexed rooted, xposed framework and scripts but ive gotten bored and wanna tackle the s3. So i know the bootloader is locked now and towelroot is an option for me correct ? I didnt know you could root a phone with a locked bootloader. If i can i have a few questions.

1. With towel root do i need to install supersu from the play store or is that included in the root process.

2. With the s3 bootloader locked does that mean i just cant install a custom rom? And all other possibilities are still availabIe? Xposed framework especially?

3. Is safestrap a custom recovery like philz (cwd) or is it something that allows me to install a custom rom with a locked bootloader.

Sorry for so many questions but theres not as much up to date info on the s3 cause there isnt many un rooted s3 s hanging around anyway. And most s3 guides and tutorials ive seen are updating to kitkat and keeping root or 4.1 stuff.

Thanks in advance

Josh
4th March 2015, 10:41 PM |#114  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangLife03

So i want to mod my girl friends s 3. My phone is a zte max phablet 4.4.2 deodexed rooted, xposed framework and scripts but ive gotten bored and wanna tackle the s3. So i know the bootloader is locked now and towelroot is an option for me correct ? I didnt know you could root a phone with a locked bootloader. If i can i have a few questions.

1. With towel root do i need to install supersu from the play store or is that included in the root process.

2. With the s3 bootloader locked does that mean i just cant install a custom rom? And all other possibilities are still availabIe? Xposed framework especially?

3. Is safestrap a custom recovery like philz (cwd) or is it something that allows me to install a custom rom with a locked bootloader.

Sorry for so many questions but theres not as much up to date info on the s3 cause there isnt many un rooted s3 s hanging around anyway. And most s3 guides and tutorials ive seen are updating to kitkat and keeping root or 4.1 stuff.

Thanks in advance

Josh

No problem about the questions. It's always good to ask

1. I would recommend supersu from the play store

2. Yes that's correct, no custom roms. There are bootloader locked roms that you can install, I want to say there are two or three roms available

3. As far as safestrap it's a recovery but I'm unsure if its like philz or cwm at all. I'd imagine it's based off of one of the other recoveries

Any other questions feel free to ask

Sent from my Nexus 5
4th March 2015, 11:39 PM |#115  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I just tried installing towelroot and im getting an there was a problem parsing the package. I have unknown sources enabled already.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

i got it rooted i installed es file explorer and it worked fine. I was getting errors with loader droid which she already had installed which sucked. Thanks for the help. Ill install safe strap if i can flash zips from it.

Off topic my room mate has a htc desire 510 the newer htc that boost sells with a locked bootloader also so towelroot might just be able to root it also?
The Following User Says Thank You to MustangLife03 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2015, 02:12 AM |#116  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangLife03

I just tried installing towelroot and im getting an there was a problem parsing the package. I have unknown sources enabled already.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

i got it rooted i installed es file explorer and it worked fine. I was getting errors with loader droid which she already had installed which sucked. Thanks for the help. Ill install safe strap if i can flash zips from it.

Off topic my room mate has a htc desire 510 the newer htc that boost sells with a locked bootloader also so towelroot might just be able to root it also?

You can try it out, it won't hurt to do it. Worst case scenario is it won't work

Sent from my Nexus 5
11th March 2015, 08:46 AM |#117  
Flag bonham tx
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Will this ever be supported to work on HTC one m7 running 4.4.2?
11th March 2015, 01:27 PM |#118  
Illinois
Thanks Meter: 623

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightevo89

Will this ever be supported to work on HTC one m7 running 4.4.2?

No. If you Google GeoHot and towelroot, I'm sure you will find links letting you know GeoHot now works for Google and neither he nor anyone else is doing anything to update towelroot. Beside that, the vulnerability towelroot exploited has been patched. So there is nothing to update. This topic has been beaten to death worse than a dead horse.
The Following User Says Thank You to landshark68 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2015, 09:34 PM |#119  
Flag bonham tx
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark68

No. If you Google GeoHot and towelroot, I'm sure you will find links letting you know GeoHot now works for Google and neither he nor anyone else is doing anything to update towelroot. Beside that, the vulnerability towelroot exploited has been patched. So there is nothing to update. This topic has been beaten to death worse than a dead horse.

I know who george hotz is....he used to work for facebook in 2011 and last summer Google hired him for there software security auditing Team but why is he still accepting donations thru paypal and bitcoin if he no longer suppports towelroot? Just a curious question!!!! thanks!!!!
11th March 2015, 09:52 PM |#120  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightevo89

I know who george hotz is....he used to work for facebook in 2011 and last summer Google hired him for there software security auditing Team but why is he still accepting donations thru paypal and bitcoin if he no longer suppports towelroot? Just a curious question!!!! thanks!!!!

He probably just forgot to take that down

Sent from my Nexus 5
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread