I'm using this bootlogo for my Moto G XT1032 with Android 4.4.3 US but it's not "completely" OK
I try to explain
I found a difference between 4.4.2 firmware and 4.4.3 - 4.4.4 firmwares, regarding the stock bootlogo, when the bootloader is unlocked.
In 4.4.2 firmware, it is shown the "unlocked bootloader logo" when I start phone, I enter recovery and I charge the phone when it is off.
This fix replace the "unlocked bootloader logo" with the "Powered by Android" logo in all of these "situations".
In 4.4.3 - 4.4.4 firmwares, the boot logo "structure" is different.
It is shown the "unlocked bootloader logo" when I start phone and I enter recovery, but when I charge phone if it is off, it is shown the "Powered by Android" boot logo, even if the bootloader is unlocked.
For this reason, it happens that this "old" fix with new firmwares (4.4.3- 4.4.4) replace the "unlocked bootloader logo" with "Powered by Android" logo only when I start the phone or I reboot in recovery mode, but when I charge the phone when off, there is no bootlogo at all, only a vibration, dark screen and then charge animation.
It is possible to have a new bootlogo to adjust this issue?
(That is "Powered by Android" logo also for charging.)
Sorry for my poor english
Hope it is clear
Thanks in advance
Hi everyone, here's my last release : MotoG Logo Flasher.
A little app that will allow you to flash your own custom logo as the MotoG splashscreen.
- Convert your custom picture to a raw picture.
- Compress this raw picture to a specific Motorola format (thanks to Carock for decyphering it).
- Then inject it into a working logo.bin for you to flash.
- It doesn't matter if your BootLoader is unlocked or not, you'll never see the warning logo (thanks to ffosilva's hack).
How to use:
- Download and extract the attached zip.
- Create a 720 x 1280 x 24b picture (i've tested it with bmp, but you can try with png or jpeg).
- Run my app [MGLF] and hit the [Create logo.bin] button.
- You'll see a preview of your picture and can then decide to flash it or not.
- If you choose to go on, you'll just have to wait a few seconds till the process ends. Et voila! You'll end up with a working logo.bin to flash.
- To test/flash it, just use the "flash logo.bat" file located in the app folder.
- The inbuilt exception catcher should handle all the bugs, don't hesitate to report them.
- If you ever want to flash the stock logo.bin: just copy the "original.logo.bin" from the [bin] folder and rename it as logo.bin.
None so far (you tell me).
Well at least, i know that some colors are not exactly the same but it's a bug in ImageMagic Convert.exe. Will look into it later if it really bothers some of you.
Just grab the attached zip file and hit the Thanks button.
Carock, for decrypting the logo.bin compression algo.
fosilva, for his nowarning little hack.
Madshi, for his great madExcept lib.
And you for using it. Have a nice day and enjoy it.
- Reboot/Flash from the app.
- Fix some bugs if ever found.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|