[REF] [GPE] Moto G Google Play Edition Stock OTA URLs

Search This thread

zpmarcos

Dec 19, 2011
Santarém
It's easy to downgrade to 4.4.2. The question is,will you have the potential for bricking if you try to upgrade to 4.4.4? You would be wise to determine which bootloader version you currently have?

Yesterday I reverted to 4.4.2, upgraded to 4.4.4 and finally 5.0.1!

No problems as I said... I heard some people brick their devices... Wich bootloader's version is problematic?

How can I check my version?

Best Regards

abeloman

Apr 29, 2012
Veracruz
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Yesterday I reverted to 4.4.2, upgraded to 4.4.4 and finally 5.0.1!

No problems as I said... I heard some people brick their devices... Wich bootloader's version is problematic?

How can I check my version?

Best Regards
The problem is when you upgrade to Lollipop's bootloader (41.18), then downgrade to 4.4.2 and apply the OTA to 4.4.3... If you have never been on Lollipop, there is no such problem...

DustArma

Mar 30, 2011
Santiago
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I did downgrade as well (after OTA to 5.0.2) and then upgraded back to 5.0.2, and I do believe I had updated bootloader at that time, the thing is that I downgraded to 4.4.4 using stock rom from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/moto-g/development/rom-stock-motorola-rom-collection-t2854688.

That's fine, downgrading to 4.4.2 then upgrading to 4.4.4 via OTA is what causes the problem.

IIRC 4.4.4 brought a new bootloader too at the time and that's what might be causing the bricks.

AgentChaos

Account currently disabled
Aug 4, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
I just got an email from google support with the following info

Thank you for contacting Google.
The MOTO G and other Google Play Edition phones will be getting the Android L 5.02 update. They were released within the 18-month update window when Google and others traditionally update devices. New system updates may take some time before they are available. You will get a system notification on your device when the update is available.
For Nexus devices purchased on Google Play, system updates are pushed out directly from Google as quickly as possible making them among the first to receive the latest system updates.

For Google Play edition devices purchased on Google Play, we work very closely with the manufacturers to provide system updates shortly after a new version is released.

Reactions: ReOmbra

maurocds

Jan 30, 2013
wait?????? gpe 5.0.2???? where???????

btw

anyone else gets the annoying bug report message once in a while????????

i wonder what triggers it

Xtrr1

Feb 11, 2015
no idea

hello guys
I have xt1032 gpe 2013 global gsm device running lolipop 5.0.1.
It came with kitkat 4.4.4.
Now I want to revert back to kitkat as lolipop made my phone very sluggish (for example after a while using an app I click the home button and it takes like 10 secs to show the icons on my home screen etc)

I have minimal adb and fastboot and the xt1032 gpe 4.4.4 stock image on my computer (that i found a link on xda site (XT1032_GPE_444_Stock_Untouched.zip))

What do I need to do to flash it? (Do i need to do a factory reset first? will the flashing cause a factory reset? etc)
I cant find a proper guide anywhere, all the guides assume previous knowledge and are written in abbreviations or simply are not suitable to my device.

Thanks.

tzzeri

Oct 15, 2012
hello guys
I have xt1032 gpe 2013 global gsm device running lolipop 5.0.1.
It came with kitkat 4.4.4.
Now I want to revert back to kitkat as lolipop made my phone very sluggish (for example after a while using an app I click the home button and it takes like 10 secs to show the icons on my home screen etc)

I have minimal adb and fastboot and the xt1032 gpe 4.4.4 stock image on my computer (that i found a link on xda site (XT1032_GPE_444_Stock_Untouched.zip))

What do I need to do to flash it? (Do i need to do a factory reset first? will the flashing cause a factory reset? etc)
I cant find a proper guide anywhere, all the guides assume previous knowledge and are written in abbreviations or simply are not suitable to my device.

Thanks.

There are guides. You don't need to do a factory reset, but flashing the firmware will reset all data, including pictures...
I had done it. The only thing is the 4.4.4 you have is a ROM made to flash with recovery, not firmware.

zerro4cool

Jul 18, 2012
Bucharest
this topic its so quiet now :) i am remember when 5.0.1 ota was spotted, after 30 minutes there was so many posts :D lets talk abit about gpe. alot of ppls are saying the regular firmware is more faster, but i used both versions and after few days of using of regular firmware, i comes back on gpe. its alot faster for me and my apps. Also 5.0.2 got some bugs wich are pissing me off where in 5.0.1 are not. At the moment i can be called fan on gpe version of moto g phone. the black point for me is the xposed, i cant install it on gpe cuz i get bootloop, on the same time for other users are working fine but this is other discution wich can be placed on other topic :)

what do you all think? im thinking gpe version was not updated on 5.0.2 cuz of that bugs wich are on regular moto like if u are set display to turn of at 30s of inactivity, when someone is calling u after 30 seconds display are turning off and when u press unlock button is placing the phone on silent mode. this is really pissing me off. like an example from one of bugs.

maurocds

Jan 30, 2013
this topic its so quiet now :) i am remember when 5.0.1 ota was spotted, after 30 minutes there was so many posts :D lets talk abit about gpe. alot of ppls are saying the regular firmware is more faster, but i used both versions and after few days of using of regular firmware, i comes back on gpe. its alot faster for me and my apps. Also 5.0.2 got some bugs wich are pissing me off where in 5.0.1 are not. At the moment i can be called fan on gpe version of moto g phone. the black point for me is the xposed, i cant install it on gpe cuz i get bootloop, on the same time for other users are working fine but this is other discution wich can be placed on other topic :)

what do you all think? im thinking gpe version was not updated on 5.0.2 cuz of that bugs wich are on regular moto like if u are set display to turn of at 30s of inactivity, when someone is calling u after 30 seconds display are turning off and when u press unlock button is placing the phone on silent mode. this is really pissing me off. like an example from one of bugs.

lets hope to get 5.1

remember gpe did not got 4.4.3

instead it went from 442 to 444 straight

and i love gpe since i installed on my s4 9505, it was like having a nexus, i hate moto apps

thesebastian

Sep 25, 2012
Barcelona
lets hope to get 5.1

remember gpe did not got 4.4.3

instead it went from 442 to 444 straight

and i love gpe since i installed on my s4 9505, it was like having a nexus, i hate moto apps

5.1 is a MUST. 5.0 was a fail in performance.

We are surely getting 5.1 in the Moto G GPE.... (this is a GPE Device, there is a minimum of 18 months of OTA updates!).
And I think the X 2013 will jump directly to 5.1 in most regions.

Last edited:

AgentChaos

Account currently disabled
Aug 4, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
just saw this on Google+ not sure if its real or fake

15%2B-%2B1

Top Liked Posts