Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

*** How To Update From JB 4.3 To KK 4.4.2 On Verizon RETAIL NOTE 3 ***

13th September 2014, 04:05 AM |#221  
az_biker's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag SW AZ - USA
Thanks Meter: 2,524
 
2,033 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
[QUOTE=Batman8;54723752]
..................So what's the best way to at least get my phone back up and running again on kk and w/root? Since I have already performed all of those steps in the first post about a couple of months ago, is it even necessary to do them all again or can I just reflash the kit kat file in odin and still keep root?...............

QUOTE]

For future reference, what steps did you take to get up and running?
11th March 2015, 01:33 AM |#222  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
166 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
I am a bit confused. At the end it says you are on stock image but in the instructions it says to install deodexed alliance ROM. I was looking for instructions on hoe to upgrade from beanstown106 jellybeans ROM build 6 to alliance ROM build 2 and thought this would get me there but I'm not sure. BTW, I'm using safestrap with bean's ROM in slot 0.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
11th March 2015, 03:31 PM |#223  
az_biker's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag SW AZ - USA
Thanks Meter: 2,524
 
2,033 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlip3

I am a bit confused. At the end it says you are on stock image but in the instructions it says to install deodexed alliance ROM. I was looking for instructions on hoe to upgrade from beanstown106 jellybeans ROM build 6 to alliance ROM build 2 and thought this would get me there but I'm not sure. BTW, I'm using safestrap with bean's ROM in slot 0.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app

If you flash the stock image, you'll be on the stock image.

If you flash Alliance build 2, you'll be on Alliance build 2.

You can install either during the 'cust rom' step.

Hope that clarifies things


Notorious 3
Last edited by az_biker; 11th March 2015 at 03:37 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to az_biker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2015, 04:38 PM |#224  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
166 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by az_biker

If you flash the stock image, you'll be on the stock image.

If you flash Alliance build 2, you'll be on Alliance build 2.

You can install either during the 'cust rom' step.

Hope that clarifies things


Notorious 3

Great, thank you very much! Uf I understand correctly, following this procedure will retain root, correct? If I want to return for warranty, what do I do differently?

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
11th March 2015, 04:42 PM |#225  
az_biker's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag SW AZ - USA
Thanks Meter: 2,524
 
2,033 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2576104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlip3

Great, thank you very much! Uf I understand correctly, following this procedure will retain root, correct? If I want to return for warranty, what do I do differently?

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app

Your warranty remains intact while rooted (unless knox is tripped, which I've NOT seen).

Click ODIN in my sig to return your device to OEM, no worries.

Notorious 3
Last edited by az_biker; 11th March 2015 at 04:52 PM.
12th March 2015, 02:57 PM |#226  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by az_biker

- RESTORING APPS & DATA
-It is RECOMMENDED to install apps directly from PLAY after flashing 4.4.2 and NOT allow Google to auto-restore your 4.3 apps & data.
-Some users have had success using Titanium Backup and Rom ToolBox Pro when restoring Apps & App Data (NEVER system apps or data)
but some have had issues as well. - thanks Tada10
-Running previous 4.3 backups on KK 4.4 is NOT advised: galaxies will implode!

Make a Back Up of your new 4.4.2 stock image BEFORE making any choices outside of those recommended by the Devs


Ok so I'm a bit lost here so pardon my ignorance.

I want to bring over my AppData (angry birds and the like) and things like previously dialed numbers/text/messages/etc via Titanium. I am willing to try the newest Alliance Rom that has been posted. Will I not be able to bring any of that stuff over?

I would really like to get rid of most of the unneeded samsung and verizon apps just to make the phone run a little better.
12th March 2015, 09:45 PM |#227  
az_biker's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag SW AZ - USA
Thanks Meter: 2,524
 
2,033 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmMcLovin

Ok so I'm a bit lost here so pardon my ignorance.

I want to bring over my AppData (angry birds and the like) and things like previously dialed numbers/text/messages/etc via Titanium. I am willing to try the newest Alliance Rom that has been posted. Will I not be able to bring any of that stuff over?

I would really like to get rid of most of the unneeded samsung and verizon apps just to make the phone run a little better.

I individually restore App data (no system data) after flashing a 4.4 Rom. Turn off auto update (play store), and don't check auto restore via Google at beginning set up. I haven't had any issues restoring tibu app data individually.

Notorious 3

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4.2, kitkat, kitkat 4.4.2, kitkat update, update 4.3 to 4.4.2 on verizon retail note 3
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes