FORUMS

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Make Your Lockscreen More Productive With Widgets

Are you running Android Lollipop? Do you miss the ability to add widgets to your lock … more

Moto X Style, Moto X Play and Moto G Forums Are Here!

The latest family members of the new generation of Motorola devices are … more

[HELP PORTING] Color OS Camera and Gallery

64 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By Aki07, Member on 21st May 2014, 08:16 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello Everyone,

Can anybody port me the camera and photos app from COLOR OS of Oppo Find 5 so that I can make it default for CM 11 or OMNI rom. I find oppo camera n photos app(Gallery) much better than the defaults. I am not a developer nor have any experience in porting. If anybody could help it would really helpful for me and many other people out there. Please its a request.

Well is it possible to port from COLOR OS to kitkat ?
Thank you.

22nd May 2014, 10:26 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I was wondering about this too recently and from what I found here and on oppoforums I can tell you that right now it's impossible due to closed source code / drivers for a camera and dependency on ColorOS kernel (I'm not a developer either, but that's how I understood it).
SO until Oppo releases source code for it, we stuck with default camera on custom roms.

I like ColorOS camera better too, takes way better pictures than Omni stock camera
23rd May 2014, 11:59 AM |#3  
Recognized Developer / Contributor
Flag Jerslev
Thanks Meter: 1,220

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by me0wth

I was wondering about this too recently and from what I found here and on oppoforums I can tell you that right now it's impossible due to closed source code / drivers for a camera and dependency on ColorOS kernel (I'm not a developer either, but that's how I understood it).
SO until Oppo releases source code for it, we stuck with default camera on custom roms.

I like ColorOS camera better too, takes way better pictures than Omni stock camera

Porting it doesn't need any sourcecode. The closed sources is the apps and the camera hal. Porting camera and gallery without porting the whole rom will require several .smali hacking to remove dependice else it will need a lot other parts from color os.

Sent from my N1 using XDA Free mobile app
24th May 2014, 10:04 AM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Kochi

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by anders3408

Porting it doesn't need any sourcecode. The closed sources is the apps and the camera hal. Porting camera and gallery without porting the whole rom will require several .smali hacking to remove dependice else it will need a lot other parts from color os.

So is there a chance that someone could port it to other ROM. Does anyone know any developer that would help us. If its possible then it will be great. Hoping that some one will take an initiative.
1st June 2014, 06:16 PM |#5  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 8

More
If its possible to port the stock camera app than i don't care if it needs files from coloros even if i have to flash 1GB of data i still flash it
5th July 2014, 06:04 AM |#6  
Flag Palo Alto
Thanks Meter: 14

More
anyone? there is a growing demand for this also due to all the new Oneplus One owner.
12th September 2014, 03:25 PM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Kochi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anders3408

Can you port it ?
13th March 2015, 06:19 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
plugin
can everybody give me a link to download the plugins ? I can't find it --'
thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
camera, cm11, omni, oppo find 5, port
Previous Thread Next Thread