FORUMS

T-Mobile Steps Up The War Against Verizon

T-Mobile has today launched a new attack on Verizon under the tagline of “Never Settle … more

Multi DPI Apps for Galaxy Note 4

Samsung stock apps do not scale to non-stock DPIs, which can prove annoying to those that want to … more

Google #StepInsideAdWords Event Livestream

Ahead of the annual I/O conference scheduled to take place later this month, the Google … more

How Much Do You Pay for Your Wireless Bill?

With so many different carriers and options to choose from, it can sometimes be quite a task … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Has anyone's charging port cover broken yet?

13th March 2015, 04:12 PM |#21  
Flag Hull, UK
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Mine broke off.. Took it 6 month. Got a laugh from Samsung with this reply..

Quote:

Your charging port cover came supplied with a 3 month warranty period. I understand from the details you have provided that it is now past 3 months since you purchased your device which does mean that it is no longer covered by the Samsung warranty and any required repair would have to be carried out on a chargeable basis.

3 moths..... What a joke!

13th March 2015, 08:11 PM |#22  
Houston
Thanks Meter: 138

More
My flap actually just peeled of the little black plastic part, just been pushing off supergluing it back together.

Sent from my SM-G900A using Tapatalk
13th March 2015, 08:59 PM |#23  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 1,269

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob343

Mine broke off.. Took it 6 month. Got a laugh from Samsung with this reply..

3 moths..... What a joke!

I fail to see how they can say that, considering the cover is an integral component of their vaunted waterproofing for this device........They even give genuine consumable parts (the battery) a 6 month warranty, so for them to say that an integral part of the phones case has less warranty than the battery strikes me as being COMPLETE BS. Might be worth raising these points with Samsung and see what they say........
I'd also be inclined to throw in the phrases........
"Poor design"
"Substandard materials"
"Unfit for purpose"
I think any/all of them fit here.....lol

Edit......I would also demand to see "official Samsung documentation" showing the 3 month limit on warranty repair for that part......
(Sometimes you HAVE to play 'hardball' with these idiots, just to see how much they are trying to 'blag' you. It's a bit like poker.....upping the ante to see who folds first.)

Sent from my rooted kn0x0 stocKK SM-G900F S5
Last edited by keithross39; 14th March 2015 at 02:12 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread