How many colors the Desire has?

Search This thread

irkan

Nov 26, 2009
Guys, ..

I am really confused, .. I thought there are only two colors for the Desire, Silver and "Urban" Brown.

but check the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1226tVPqnw

The device color looks pitch black to me :confused: Is it really black or am I color blind? :confused:

P.S. I know that color-blind only effects Red, Green and Blue colors, .. right? Lol

crazybones

Dec 4, 2008
Just seen a "black" version at E2save. In the picture on that site, even the band around the edge of the screen looks black, giving the whole unit a rather cheap appearance.

irkan

Nov 26, 2009
Oh 3 colors, ok, more colors give users more options, which is good i guess ... and I agree with you crazybones, .. the black one does not look special at all

jm997

Mar 9, 2010
The black Desires are all preproduction units. They also have a red ring around the camera.

The final versions are Urban Brown or Silver, although Silver looks grey plasticky cheap to me. I'm going for the brown one...

cez10

Feb 16, 2010
proper black looks the best i think, but if it wont be available im gettin the brown one

irkan

Nov 26, 2009
The black Desires are all preproduction units. They also have a red ring around the camera.

The final versions are Urban Brown or Silver, although Silver looks grey plasticky cheap to me. I'm going for the brown one...

Are you sure of this claim? so there are not gonna be any official black versions? because as far as I know, even the Silver ones have not officially been announced or showed by HTC

wankingweiner

Mar 14, 2010
Black Desire:
http://www.amazon.fr/HTC-Desire-Sma...2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1269224055&sr=8-2

197fuv.jpg

this is a render from a long time back when the phone was only rumored to be in existence. That is not what the Desire looks like now. Even if there is a black one it wont look anything like this.

Staticsoul

Jan 17, 2009
Schiplaken
And if you look at the optical trackpad. You see it doesn't have button. And Tis button is needed to take pictures so I don't think there will be a black desire. They are just engineering samples.

williap

Dec 27, 2009
I emailed Handtec today as it looks like their going to be the cheapest about the black HTC desire and this is what they said.

With regards to this the device will be sent from HTC direct, but we are unsure on the exact colour at the moment but it looks like it may be the black anyway, any other colours will be locked to networks and therefore not available sim free,

Looks like black may only be given if buying sim free which I'm planning too anyway :)

irkan

Nov 26, 2009
I emailed Handtec today as it looks like their going to be the cheapest about the black HTC desire and this is what they said.

With regards to this the device will be sent from HTC direct, but we are unsure on the exact colour at the moment but it looks like it may be the black anyway, any other colours will be locked to networks and therefore not available sim free,

Looks like black may only be given if buying sim free which I'm planning too anyway :)

a lot of people confuse dark brown with black, ... so if i were you, i would ask them again, is it dark brown, or black? ... as most of the videos/pics of the unlocked Desire I saw contains dark brown, only one had black on it (and in the video they said its not a final device)

K 7

Jul 28, 2009
Sheffield
So what about GRAPHITE colour then guys? Is Graphite = Dark Brown or what? Cause on clove & handtec it says device colour is Graphite... I am confused as 2 which colour shall I choose when ordering...

K7

bcmobile

Jan 9, 2009
Sydney
I emailled and called HTC today about (among other things) which colours would be available. The available colours depend on which country you are in and their customer service people could only go by the info on their website.

I have emailled their press people to get a definitive answer and will post a reply when they get back to me.

s4vva

Jan 13, 2006
if you look at the video on youtube (italian review) it definitely looks grey/black. I reckon this is the graphite model as opposed to the urban brown. Handtec and clove have both updated their descriptions to say graphite now.

irkan

Nov 26, 2009
if you look at the video on youtube (italian review) it definitely looks grey/black. I reckon this is the graphite model as opposed to the urban brown. Handtec and clove have both updated their descriptions to say graphite now.

So graphite means dark or "Urban" brown and *not* silver ?

what a miss-use of the color name :p

irkan

Nov 26, 2009
Not really. When is the last time you saw silver graphite?

definition of graphite: n.
A soft, steel-gray to black, hexagonally crystallized allotrope of carbon with a metallic luster and a greasy feel, used in lead pencils, lubricants, paints, and coatings, that is fabricated into a variety of forms such as molds, bricks, electrodes, crucibles, and rocket nozzles. Also called black lead, plumbago.

if the *pencil* color is "Brown" ... than i have serious color-blind issues

here is a pic of the "actual" graphite, does the image look like more silver/gray or more dark/urban brown to you?
GraphiteUSGOV.jpg

and here is a pic from a tech point of view to confirm
VistaAero2.jpg

any more doubts? :)

Last edited: