Is there anyway to root the Note 10.1 2014 Edition (sm-p605) after the July Update. I have been reading the forums and found not straight answer. Can someone please help me?
0. If you screwed something up, flashed a wrong recovery, flash the stock rom again. If you are stuck in a boot loop, there is plenty of thread about how to boot into odin mode from there.
1. Download attached TWRP 126.96.36.199, it works with P605. I have it myself.
2. Start the tablet, download SuperSU-v1.99r4.zip, place on SD Card.
3. Reboot into Odin mode, (VolDown+Home), flash TWRP. If your recovery is being restored, don't tick Auto Reboot in Odin and turn off manually after flashing, then boot into TWRP.
4. Boot into TWRP, reset to factory settings. You will be asked if you want Root at some point. I think it's when you reboot, I don't remember.
5. When booted into Android, see if SuperSU downloader app is there. If no - boot TWRP and look around, because you missed something.
If yes, reboot into TWRP again and flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99r4.zip.
Congrats, you are now rooted.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|