What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more

New Cyanogen Partnerships Bring Privacy Concerns

New Privacy concerns have emerged regarding Cyanogen’s latest announcements, … more

PSA: Google Play Services Wakelock Affects Many 5.x ROMs

Wakelocks are the bane of the battery conscious, and this wakelock bug has been … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Root for SM-P605 kitkat

13th August 2014, 08:45 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Root Note 10.1 2014 Edition (sm-p605) after the July Update
Hello everyone,

Is there anyway to root the Note 10.1 2014 Edition (sm-p605) after the July Update. I have been reading the forums and found not straight answer. Can someone please help me?

Thanks

14th March 2015, 01:49 AM |#32  
Flag Luxembourg
Thanks Meter: 0

27 posts
More
Thumbs up
This guide works fine for Galaxy Note 4 2014 LTE.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xda_user_p600

0. If you screwed something up, flashed a wrong recovery, flash the stock rom again. If you are stuck in a boot loop, there is plenty of thread about how to boot into odin mode from there.

1. Download attached TWRP 2.7.0.1, it works with P605. I have it myself.
2. Start the tablet, download SuperSU-v1.99r4.zip, place on SD Card.
3. Reboot into Odin mode, (VolDown+Home), flash TWRP. If your recovery is being restored, don't tick Auto Reboot in Odin and turn off manually after flashing, then boot into TWRP.
4. Boot into TWRP, reset to factory settings. You will be asked if you want Root at some point. I think it's when you reboot, I don't remember.
5. When booted into Android, see if SuperSU downloader app is there. If no - boot TWRP and look around, because you missed something.

If yes, reboot into TWRP again and flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99r4.zip.

Congrats, you are now rooted.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread