CyanogenMod 12.1 for YU Yureka

YU Yureka recently received an official Cyanogen OS 12S update. If you prefer to use a newer revision of … more

Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more

What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more

View Poll Results: What about an app? See post #90 for more infos, let me know what you think!

The hell yeah!

23 Vote(s)
85.19%
cool idea, but not really neccessary.

4 Vote(s)
14.81%
nope, wouldn't even try..

0 Vote(s)
0%
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ZIP] Dynamic automated build.prop editing

9th December 2014, 09:50 PM |#121  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 122

138 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamespopoy

Dude need help also. i have Lenovo A328, when i edited my build.prop i forgot to change the permisssions and then i rebooted it. unfortunately it ends up in black screen. and i cant seem to fix the problem using update.zip. it always says INSTALLATION ABORTED.

if you want i can send the update.zip.

I'm not sure whether you used my script.

Which ROM do you use? If you have a tweak.prop file located on your phone, you should be fine reflashing my zip, otherwise your (hopefully custom) ROM can be flashed over to fix it, too.
Last edited by klenamenis; 30th December 2014 at 12:08 AM.

12th December 2014, 01:53 AM |#122  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klenamenis

I'm not sure whether you used my script...

Which ROM do you use? If you have a tweak.prop file located on your phone, you should be fine reflashing my zip, otherwise your (hopefully custom) ROM can be flashed over to fix it, too.

i have kitkat 4.4.2, im currently trying to push adb blah blah. and im having a hard time because im in a computer shop and some setups need to run in administrator mode but the owner doesn't allow me to. im losing hope here
12th December 2014, 08:45 AM |#123  
Thanks Meter: 583

1,137 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamespopoy

i have kitkat 4.4.2, im currently trying to push adb blah blah. and im having a hard time because im in a computer shop and some setups need to run in administrator mode but the owner doesn't allow me to. im losing hope here

Is it a custom ROM? Do you have a recovery?
Try Aroma File Manager to set the permissions...

Have fun!
11th January 2015, 09:10 AM |#124  
Thanks Meter: 6

265 posts
Looks great. Can this be used on any rom on any device? For example cm12 nightlies on a oneplus one?
11th January 2015, 07:55 PM |#125  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 122

138 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by an0therus3r

Looks great. Can this be used on any rom on any device? For example cm12 nightlies on a oneplus one?

Yes, it is only required to have a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM installed which executes my script properly.
The Following User Says Thank You to klenamenis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2015, 02:11 PM |#126  
Thanks Meter: 242

268 posts
More
Thumbs up Great job
@klenamenis just what I was looking for ! Was going to write it myself, but found yours which works perfectly
Amazing time-saver ! Thank you man

PS: IMHO no need for the app, there are already many editors out there...and the syntax is really simple.
Last edited by dev>null; 19th February 2015 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Readed the post #90 :)
15th March 2015, 05:47 AM |#127  
Flag Moose Jaw
Thanks Meter: 9

68 posts
More
Is there any way to make this work on lollipop/CM12 ?
Oops, nvm- I forgot the blank line at the end of my tweak.prop file. Works great now
Last edited by jeffallin; 15th March 2015 at 06:22 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
build.prop, flash, script, tweak, zip
Previous Thread Next Thread