Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Can't boot into Recovery, Bootloader, Download, or Fastboot! Why?

15th March 2015, 11:24 PM |#321  
Flag Louisville,Ky
Thanks Meter: 1,446

1,596 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwnut13

I guess I don't know how to get into this 'black screen' in recovery.

All I get to is the standard 'No Command' screen, in which I can't use any ADB commands.
What are the instructions to get into the other screen?

I didn't mean black screen in recovery. I meant for you to try dd command from where you are bootlooping. Don't reboot recovery until you have used dd command to write the twrp recovery to recovery partition.
16th March 2015, 08:56 AM |#322  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibub

I didn't mean black screen in recovery. I meant for you to try dd command from where you are bootlooping. Don't reboot recovery until you have used dd command to write the twrp recovery to recovery partition.

Ah, I understand now. I just tried and no dice, "cannot open for read: Permission denied"

It seems that I can finally say there is no hope for this thing. My issue is that I didn't allow permission to Shell in SuperSU, simple as that.

There is nothing that I can do because I can't access root permission to shell without being able to boot up. I can't uninstall SuperSU because it is a system app (and because it seems this phone is pretty borked, trying to install an app flashes errors in ADB).

Oh well, at least I have some replacement parts. Thanks everybody for all the help.
The Following User Says Thank You to vwnut13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread