FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[GUIDE][P31xx][P51xx] Installing custom recovery and updating bootloader w/ Odin

27th February 2015, 09:04 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSP III

Whats with the product name of SCH-I915...............Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe this is incompatible device.

This may be the answer, its a tab2 10.1 verizon version. I can gain root but there does'nt seem to be any way to get recovery/custom rom on the thing. Maybe due to a locked bootloader from verizon?

@Joery360 - Here is a screenshot, you can see I def did not unpackage the .tar.md5

28th February 2015, 07:59 AM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 659

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skater4599

This may be the answer, its a tab2 10.1 verizon version. I can gain root but there does'nt seem to be any way to get recovery/custom rom on the thing. Maybe due to a locked bootloader from verizon?

@Joery360 - Here is a screenshot, you can see I def did not unpackage the .tar.md5

Yes, that seems to be the problem. I've overlooked the model in the first photo.
This guide is intended for the international models. Maybe there is another thread to get CWM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekretsel

hi can i ask something i successfully updated my recovery through odin but when i go to recovery mode nothings change? i think its still in stock recovery

Could you also give me a screenshot just before you start the flashing in Odin? And also please your model number.
16th March 2015, 03:46 PM |#23  
Forum Moderator / Retired Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Team
Thanks Meter: 1,840

Donate to Me
More
thread closed by request of the OP.
The Following User Says Thank You to cybojenix For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloader, cwm, guide, odin, recovery
Previous Thread Next Thread